+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Optical to rca cable

I'm Neil.

I have a Pure Evoke in the kitchen, always has BBC 6 Music on, and for that reason, I like DAB. Would not dream of trying to get HiFi sound from DAB, it is what it is.
    Mana Acoustics Racks / Bright Star IsoNodes Decoupling >> Allo DigiOne Player >> Pedja Rogic's Audial Model S DAC + Pioneer PL-71 turntable / Vista Audio phono-1 mk II / Denon PCL-5 headshell / Reson Reca >> LFD DLS >> LFD PA2M (SE) >> Royd RR3s.

I'm Edward.

The Beeb are slowly rolling out their 'HD Sound' internet streams which is 320 AAC. Radio 3 are already streaming 320 AAC which sounds fantastic. They are also trialling Red Book streaming (in Flac) with the current Proms (but for now Firefox has to be used).

(NB, the above pls link will kick off whatever media app you have that recognises pls - I use JRiver).
    Current: [P20] Roon/Tidal > Custom PC> Chevron Paradox NDF16 > Phast Pre > Neuro. 686 > Tannoy Berkley (RFC tweaks)

I'm Martin.

Amazon Music is 256 kbps so better than DAB and not as good as Spotify Premium - I have it but not tried it, although was thinking about getting one of their boxes to watch Amazon TV.

The difference from full fat digital is only going to be loss of extreme frequency response, so you will barely notice it at all on a lot of programme. You lose dynamic range too, again a lot of/most recordings won't show that up either. Maybe the especially good sound is due to the codec they are using? Some say there are quite big SQ differences between them.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    Amazon Music is 256 kbps so better than DAB and not as good as Spotify Premium - I have it but not tried it, although was thinking about getting one of their boxes to watch Amazon TV.

The difference from full fat digital is only going to be loss of extreme frequency response, so you will barely notice it at all on a lot of programme. You lose dynamic range too, again a lot of/most recordings won't show that up either. Maybe the especially good sound is due to the codec they are using? Some say there are quite big SQ differences between them.
    If u have unlimited music you can set it to 320 like spotify premium. On the new box you only have hdmi so you would need to extract the audio from the hdmi then pass through to tv. You can buy them and not silly money.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Edward.

I have Amazon prime but hardly find anything on Amazon TV worth watching. Oh yeah there are bunch of English guys driving cars I believe.

AAC audio streams I found better than MP3 streams. I listen to Radio Paradise a lot. I use to tune into their 192k MP3 stream but then found their 128k AAC stream much better even though lower resolution. But of course their 320k AAC stream is much much better. All these streams (and more) and available on RP so easy to test things out.
    Current: [P20] Roon/Tidal > Custom PC> Chevron Paradox NDF16 > Phast Pre > Neuro. 686 > Tannoy Berkley (RFC tweaks)

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Edwardlon View Post
    I have Amazon prime but hardly find anything on Amazon TV worth watching. Oh yeah there are bunch of English guys driving cars I believe.

I buy enough from Amazon that I easy get my money back for Prime. I hate going to shops. Not watched much either, except for the car-driving English, and the series 'Black Sails' which was pretty good. Didn't realise you could up the bitrate on the music. I wonder if Gaz has done that?
    Current Lash Up:

I'm Edward.

Black Sails you say. Nope that sailed by me without me noticing. I'll check it out. The trailers look good.

Oh dear, the OP just wanted to know about a lead for his DAB thing. This thread has drifted ..... needs a mod to bring order.

I'm Martin.

Well it is sorted I thought? Use the perfectly good DAC in the tuner and connect with RCA leads to the amp.
    Current Lash Up:

I'm Martin.

Black Sails is worth a watch, first episode is a bit ropey where they introduce all the characters, but I was hooked by the end of ep 2 and that is rare for me.
    Current Lash Up:

I'm Grant.

I buy enough from Amazon that I easy get my money back for Prime. I hate going to shops. Not watched much either, except for the car-driving English, and the series 'Black Sails' which was pretty good. Didn't realise you could up the bitrate on the music. I wonder if Gaz has done that?
    you can only up it to 320 with music unlimted. thats another 7.99 for prime members. gives you 40 mil tracks. i still think spotify has the edge as its apps are better(for me anyway)

oh and you can now get spotify premium on amazon tv.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast