+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Optical to rca cable

I'm AMusicFanNotAnAudiophile.

Quote Originally Posted by Daisy View Post
    Again ignorance is bliss , listening through the amp but thought putting through the dacmagic would improve things?
    Possibly.
    Possibly not.

As Yomanze has posted, you need a converter and the various connecting cables.
    Chris

Common sense isn't anymore!

I'm Edward.

Simon (Daisy), I looked at the specs for both your NAD and DAC - you can link them via a TOSLink cable which cost £1.99 from amazon.

Specifically your NAD has toslink out and your DAC has toslink in.

Not sure you will notice much difference vs just RCA from your NAD to your amp. For £1.99 it is worth a try.
    Current: [P20] Roon/Tidal > Custom PC> Chevron Paradox NDF16 > Phast Pre > Neuro. 686 > Tannoy Berkley (RFC tweaks)

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Stratmangler View Post
    Google?
    The Dacmagic 1 is coax only, and the NAD tuner only has optical out.
    no optical eh? strange but ..... ah well, as martin suggests you will be just as well remaining with analogue out to amp bypassing dac
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Edward.

Oh maybe I was not looking at the correct DacMagic.

If so scrub my previous post Simon.
    Current: [P20] Roon/Tidal > Custom PC> Chevron Paradox NDF16 > Phast Pre > Neuro. 686 > Tannoy Berkley (RFC tweaks)

I'm Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by Stratmangler View Post
    Possibly.
    Possibly not.

As Yomanze has posted, you need a converter and the various connecting cables.
    Have updated my post as I posted the wrong unit, a couple of options now...
    Mana Acoustics Racks / Bright Star IsoNodes Decoupling >> Allo DigiOne Player >> Pedja Rogic's Audial Model S DAC + Pioneer PL-71 turntable / Vista Audio phono-1 mk II / Denon PCL-5 headshell / Reson Reca >> LFD DLS >> LFD PA2M (SE) >> Royd RR3s.

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Yomanze View Post
    i use a coax to optical one of the cable mountain I bought years ago. works great from bluray to my actives.
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Lawrence.

The problem with dab is that the sound is generally compressed to the level of low quality mp3. There are technologies that claim to help with this, not sure if upsampling is one, but they often involve valves, maybe a valve buffer would improve things more than a dac?

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawrence001 View Post
    The problem with dab is that the sound is generally compressed to the level of low quality mp3. There are technologies that claim to help with this, not sure if upsampling is one, but they often involve valves, maybe a valve buffer would improve things more than a dac?
    Dab used to be 192kb\s initially i seem to remember. No idea if its changed tho.. signal i get here is not great with it so i mostly use internet radio, which varies in compression but most of the ones i use are better than 192
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Neil.

DAB is typically 128kbps, big shame.
    Mana Acoustics Racks / Bright Star IsoNodes Decoupling >> Allo DigiOne Player >> Pedja Rogic's Audial Model S DAC + Pioneer PL-71 turntable / Vista Audio phono-1 mk II / Denon PCL-5 headshell / Reson Reca >> LFD DLS >> LFD PA2M (SE) >> Royd RR3s.

I'm Grant.

ive a small dab upstairs that gets a few channels but not much. it certainly sounds pretty compressed; more so than when is started. I can get 320 with internet and thats pretty good most of the time. Spotify is only 320 max and it sounds good to me. dunno if they alter it a bit to make it sound this way but not complaining. Much of the content is hard to tell from full red book
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast