+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wanted Single Celestion Ditton 15

I'm Geoff.

Washers won't do Dan. Collared bushes have to be used, otherwise the sides of the metal posts can come into contact with the aluminium label.

If you get stuck, you can send both terminal plates complete with crossovers attached to me and I can sort them. You'd have to make a note of wiring connections before disconnecting drivers though. Photos are best.

I've done this job on many speakers, including Ditton 15's. I'd need to order parts.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by dantheman91 View Post
    Sure if he's ever in bournemouth i would love to meet him..
    I'm a complete bastard!
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Dan.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Washers won't do Dan. Collared bushes have to be used, otherwise the sides of the metal posts can come into contact with the aluminium label.

If you get stuck, you can send both terminal plates complete with crossovers attached to me and I can sort them. You'd have to make a note of wiring connections before disconnecting drivers though. Photos are best.

I've done this job on many speakers, including Ditton 15's. I'd need to order parts.
    Hi Geoff

Photo attached by the bushes can i use the 2 red bits as isolation also between the back plate im sure ive done this but i will check Its all learning Your not a bastard better safe then sorry...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Pre & Power
    Technics SUC 909U & Technics SE A909S
    Turntable
    Thorens TD 125 MK1 , SME 3009 S2 Non Improved , Shure V15 II , SME 2000 Plinth
    CD Transport & DAC & PSU
    Marantz 6005 , Beresford Caiman , Paul Hynes SR4
    Loudspeakers
    Tannoy 615 MK2

I'm Geoff.

The "red bits" are the bushes. Note the proud collar on one. That goes through the front and insulates the post from the metal label. You may need to make the holes slightly larger to accomodate those.

If you're in any doubt about doing the job without causing damage. Let me do it.

I'm Dan.

The "red bits" are the bushes. Note the proud collar on one. That goes through the front and insulates the post from the metal label. You may need to make the holes slightly larger to accomodate those.

If you're in any doubt about doing the job without causing damage. Let me do it.
    Hi

Cool

I will have a look... ive only had them on a test amp nothing decent...
    Pre & Power
    Turntable
    CD Transport & DAC & PSU
    Loudspeakers
    Tannoy 615 MK2

I'm Dan.

Will update with a photo to see if correct...
    Pre & Power
    Turntable
    CD Transport & DAC & PSU
    Loudspeakers
    Tannoy 615 MK2

I'm Dan.

Hi Geoff

What its like now the black one is this OK? Please advice if not...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Pre & Power
    Turntable
    CD Transport & DAC & PSU
    Loudspeakers
    Tannoy 615 MK2

I'm Geoff.

Looks like you've put the thick bush on the front. Use the thinner one with the protruding spigot/collar on the front with the collar going through the label and use the thick bush at the rear, then you should be OK. As I said, you may need to enlarge the holes.

I'm Dan.

Looks like you've put the thick bush on the front. Use the thinner one with the protruding spigot/collar on the front with the collar going through the label and use the thick bush at the rear, then you should be OK. As I said, you may need to enlarge the holes.
    Hi

Done...

Will update with a photo again later - Im going for a nap now.
    Pre & Power
    Turntable
    CD Transport & DAC & PSU
    Loudspeakers
    Tannoy 615 MK2

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12