Hi everyone,

Just purchased my first vintage turntable, receiver and speakers via ebay last week!

Dual 1229
Sony 6036A
Dual CL240

Looking forward to my vinyl journey and chatting with some of you! I already have a few things I might need some help with!

So, I received the turntable last week, and finally managed to take the time to unbox and set up last night.
Unfortunately on unpacking and testing the turntable I noticed that the speed control lever is stuck on 78 and wont budge, I didn't want to force it incase I broke it.

I then loosened the transport screws and inserted the stylus cartridge before trying the start lever. The platter did not spin and the tone arm did not move?
I manually rotated the platter and there was a click from the tone arm and the start lever returned to the middle.

I'm unsure if there is anything further I should do to ensure it is working or if it's now an expensive decorational item...(I contacted ebayer today and awaiting a response)

This brings me onto my next query, which proves I am utterly new to this...

The speakers didn't come with any cables, so I bought some lengths of copper speaker cable 1.5mm THK.
I knew the it was a spade or bare wire connection to the back of the receiver which is fine, but I'm unsure about how to connect to the speakers.

I thought it was a banana plug connection but when I got home i realised it's just a slotted opening. Do i just insert the bare wire ends into it?

Image attached or turntable, receiver and back of speakers.

If anyone could help I'd be really grateful.

Best,

Graeme

IMG_1330.jpg
s-l1600.jpg$_72.JPG