+ Reply to Thread

Thread: FS: BBC MP1-18 arm for Technics SP-10 MKII and others

I'm Kulwinder.

Default FS: BBC MP1-18 arm for Technics SP-10 MKII and others

My SP10 is long gone so time to part with this. Purpose designed for the Technics but works brilliantly with other turntables too. In excellent working order, no issues. Comes with a Ortofon cartridge but you'll need a new stylus. The nut/washer for one of the mounting bolts is awol, will include if I can find but easy enough to source. £150 plus post or collect from Bedford...

DSC_0603 (1) by Brer Rabbit, on Flickr

DSC_0605 by Brer Rabbit, on Flickr

DSC_0608 by Brer Rabbit, on Flickr

DSC_0609 by Brer Rabbit, on Flickr

DSC_0611 by Brer Rabbit, on Flickr

mech drg by Brer Rabbit, on Flickr

Instructions1 by Brer Rabbit, on Flickr

Instructions2 by Brer Rabbit, on Flickr

Bigman80 Guest

Thats a great item steeped in history. Good luck with the sale

I'm Kulwinder.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigman80 View Post
    Thats a great item steeped in history. Good luck with the sale
    It is indeed. Should say, for the avoidance of doubt, the documentation is electronic, not paper...

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Nice. Just the kind of thing a DL-103 would sound great with! Someone should snap this up, ASAP, as it's a bargain, and better sounding than most currently available, sub-£800 tonearms, especially with something such as a DL-103.

Good luck with the sale

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

montesquieu Guest

Very tempted by this - could be fun to have a play with on the Garrard, though actually at 232.6 mm spindle to pivot it's only a shade more than FR64 same also as the Ikeda arm I'm using on the TD124 (extra couple of mm, easily handled). That's quite a way further out though than your standard Rega or Linn/Jelco distances.

Seems to be originally intended for use with an SC36C which I'm quite a fan of, like the 103 it needs a heavy arm which of course this is.

I'm Kulwinder.

Replied to your PMs montesquieu but your inbox needs emptying ��

montesquieu Guest

Quote Originally Posted by tankertop View Post
    Replied to your PMs montesquieu but your inbox needs emptying ��
    Cleared now if you can send again

I'm Kulwinder.

Quote Originally Posted by montesquieu View Post
    Cleared now if you can send again
    And replied...

I'm Kulwinder.

Sold. Thanks to all who showed interest.

+ Reply to Thread