+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Tisbury or Schiit Saga?

I'm Richard.

Default Tisbury or Schiit Saga?

I already have the excellent Tisbury between my Beresford DAC and my Quad amps. Normal, short, unbalanced cables run between the two.

I could really do with more inputs (the Tisbury only has 3) and I like the idea of a remote.(OK, and I like new kit!).

Any advice? Would the buffering effect of the Saga in active mode improve SQ?

I know the Saga can be improved with different tubes.
    Thanks,

Richard.
    My Gear:
    Source component/s:
    Cambridge CXC Cd player; Inspire Apollo deck + Roksan Nima arm + Ortofon 2M Black; Denon TU-580RD tuner; Logitech Squeezebox Touch. Rpi with Volumio. RME DAC.

Amplification: WD KEL84+ valve amp; Rega Brio, Quad 306 (DADA modded, - in reserve)). Trichord Dino2 & Dino+ PS;

Wiim mini, Wiim Pro, Wiim ProPlus streamers

Loudspeakers:
    Living Voice Auditorium IBX-R2.
    Q Acoustics 2010 in the 'study'.

Cables/stands: Chords; Van Dammes 4mm

Any other hi-fi bits:
    Apple MacMini Pro; Senn HD598, 467,
    Linear PSs for Rpi and DAC. Pure mains conditioning.

I'm Rob.

I'm chuffed to bits with my Schiit Saga. A really transparent sound. The most extraordinary thing is how loud it will play without distortion. Previously, as I've turned the volume up it I've found it difficult to listen and enjoy the music. With the Saga, everything just seems to become clearer as the volume goes up. It's deceiving; I often only really appreciate how loud the music is when I leave my listening room and hear how far through the house the music is travelling.
    Rob.
    Powered by crossed fingers and clenched buttocks

I'm Richard.

Quote Originally Posted by ReggieB View Post
    I'm chuffed to bits with my Schiit Saga. A really transparent sound. The most extraordinary thing is how loud it will play without distortion. Previously, as I've turned the volume up it I've found it difficult to listen and enjoy the music. With the Saga, everything just seems to become clearer as the volume goes up. It's deceiving; I often only really appreciate how loud the music is when I leave my listening room and hear how far through the house the music is travelling.
    Thanks Rob; I'm very tempted by the Saga...although I was slightly discouraged by this...https://www.hifisystemcomponents.com...785_page1.html

BW Richard

but he's talking about low dc voltages whereas I think there's a 100v supply to the Saga's valve.

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonky View Post
    Thanks Rob; I'm very tempted by the Saga...although I was slightly discouraged by this...https://www.hifisystemcomponents.com...785_page1.html

BW Richard

but he's talking about low dc voltages whereas I think there's a 100v supply to the Saga's valve.
    Schiit do claim the tube buffer stage has 'vanishingly low-levels of distortion'. No figures supplied to back this up.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm David.

I have a Schiit Saga that I'd be prepared to sell.........

I'm Richard.

Please pm me with more details; thanks.
    R
    Last edited by Bonky; 27-07-2017 at 14:46.

I'm Rob.

I bought mine after reading the Hi-Fi World reveiw earlier this year. One of the conclusions of that review was that the valve made very little difference to the sound quality.
    Rob.