+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: M25... which way around this?

I'm brian.

Default M25... which way around this?

Im travelling to Kent, from Lancs, and have 2 options.

M6, then M40 past Oxford, then down past Heathrow and the bottom of the M25

Or: M6, down the M1, then around the top of the M25 .

Route finder etc is telling me it is pretty much identical miles wise, either route.

What I dont know is where Im most likely to get snarled up in traffic, getting round London

Hitting the M25 around lunchtime, on a Saturday.

any experienced M25ers here, able to give some local knowledge to me.

Thanks

I'm Paul.

You're f**ked.

Stay at home.
    Linn Sondek LP12, Ittok, AT-F7
    Schiit Mani MK1 Phono Pre-Amp
    Nobsound NS-08P Bluetooth pre-amp
    Marantz CD5004 CD Player
    Pure DAB tuner
    2 x Meridian 205 monoblock power amps
    Tannoy T225 "Mayfair" speakers
    www.paulridgeblog.com

I'm Geoff.

Anticlockwise for the M25 from M40 is the way I'd go. There's a chance of it being busy near Heathrow, but you'd avoid the awful snarl ups that can occur around the Thames crossing going clockwise. I hate the northern half of the M25 anyway. The M25 can't be relied on to be a clear run going anywhere during the day.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Paul.

Seriously, the 25 is a nightmare pretty much most of the time with the odd exceptions like the middle of the night and early Saturday and Sunday mornings. Fridays are the worst, so at least you're missing that.

I would check the speed restrictions on all the motorways you listed as I know there's 50mph limits on stretches of the M1, for example, so factor those in.

Generally, the busiest section of the M25 is around the Heathrow and the M1 junctions, but as you'll be coming "past" them, so to speak, rather than as a destination I really don't think there is that much in it.

If pushed for a suggestion, I would probably go south and stay off the M1 altogether and if it's really slow take the northern route back
    Linn Sondek LP12, Ittok, AT-F7
    Schiit Mani MK1 Phono Pre-Amp
    Nobsound NS-08P Bluetooth pre-amp
    Marantz CD5004 CD Player
    Pure DAB tuner
    2 x Meridian 205 monoblock power amps
    Tannoy T225 "Mayfair" speakers
    www.paulridgeblog.com

I'm brian.

I d be inclined to take first option which would avoid QE bridge. Though much depends on daily problems with m25 incidents etc.
    Always think the m40 a bit more scenic anyway ? . Its some time since used m25 so others may be more reliable on this subject.
    Have you sold all your A/I stuff now Brian ?, was interested in that p/ stage myself at one point. Good luck .

I'm kev.

Flip a coin, theres no best way,when I'm coming back home from the north I don't decide until I'm 30 mins from the M25
    <a href=http://s36.photobucket.com/user/lauren1809/media/33A4D3D2-B423-47CD-BC7D-AC331E29C355_zpsj2tyfozt.jpg.html target=_blank><a href=http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e12/lauren1809/33A4D3D2-B423-47CD-BC7D-AC331E29C355_zpsj2tyfozt.jpg target=_blank>http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e1...psj2tyfozt.jpg</a></a>

I'm Alan.

Always used the M40 and M25 south, it's always variable but we had a straight run with no holdups on a Friday morning.

I'm brian.

Thanks for the input, guys.

very useful.

Any more thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by tapid View Post

Have you sold all your A/I stuff now Brian ?, was interested in that p/ stage myself at one point.
    Brian, no I still have it? ive just not got around to bumping the sale threads.

So heavily modded P2 phono, and L2 pre amp. Both sound fantastic. I also have the matching SUT.

If we time it right, we could be stuck in the same traffic jam near Heathrow and do a dodgy deal on the M25. Or, even somewhere more convenient.

I'm Dave.

Brian, check out driving/car forums to get up to date info. I try to avoid the M25, but its all in the timing. You say lunch time, 1-2 hours earlier can be better, but you never know with the M25. Anti clockwise, due to M4/M3 etc always very busy.
    Kraken, Saturn, Emotion, Flying V Rocket, Planets.

I'm Shane.

Check Google Maps for live traffic info, choose your route st the last moment using the most recent info.
    Time flies like an arrow.
    Fruit flies like a banana.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast