+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Sjostrom DC Blocker

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigman80 View Post
    Could one of these be placed at the front of a multi plug ?
    I don't see why not. As long as it can handle current up to and somewhat over 13 amps.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm mark.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigman80 View Post
    Could one of these be placed at the front of a multi plug ?

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk
    Good point, I've got mono blocks, would the collective advise 2, or would 1 prior to block work?

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    I don't see why not. As long as it can handle current up to and somewhat over 13 amps.
    How would one ascertain that information, Geoff?

I'm stuart.

If any equipment on the multiplug is causing a problem then placing the blocker before the multiplug wouldn't work but I think it's very unlikely unless you're plugging in something like a hairdryer!

Think I'd buy more than 1 rather than using it with a multiplug. I reckon if you buy all the bits at the same time you could probably make 2 for £50.

Bigman80 Guest

Well, my thinking was that if everything on the mains is causing "interference" then a DC blocker on the multi plug I use, just for the HIFI equipment, might help all of it. Just a thought and I'm completely unqualified to know but I thought it made sense.

I'm stuart.

The blocker is specifically to reduce transformer hum so 2 mono blocks plugged in to the multiplug shouldn't be a problem (assuming the mono blocks have transformers). The blocker should have no effect on anything else.

I'm Simon.

The amount of dc they can mop up is limited by the number of diodes on the pcb, more diodes, more dc mopped up. If I recall correctly it's just over half a volt per diode. I have all six fitted on mine.
    Kuzma Stabi/S 12", (LP12-bastard) DC motor and optical tacho psu, Benz LP, Paradise (phonostage). MB-Pro, Brooklyn dac and psu, Bruno Putzeys balanced pre, mod86p dual mono amps, Yamaha NS1000m

Bigman80 Guest

I will do more digging. Thanks for posting about this !!!

I'm Simon.

I have been using one on my monoblocks for over a year now. Does a good job, there is only a whisper of a hum now if you place your ear near the amps. Before, they were generally quiet but at certain times during the day/week they would go batshit crazy with hum - not anymore.

I wired mine using 1 blocker and jammed 2 sets of cable into the output plug, which tails off into 2x IEC sockets, one for each amp. I've now picked up a 2nd blocker which I will likely use in the extension block for everything else - got it mainly for my LPS which also can hum loud at times.

Got mine from a guy named Alex here: http://www.atlhifi.com/

Does all kinds of combinations and can also supply just the boards or a fully built one in a case.

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Simon_LDT View Post
    I have been using one on my monoblocks for over a year now. Does a good job, there is only a whisper of a hum now if you place your ear near the amps. Before, they were generally quiet but at certain times during the day/week they would go batshit crazy with hum - not anymore.

I wired mine using 1 blocker and jammed 2 sets of cable into the output plug, which tails off into 2x IEC sockets, one for each amp. I've now picked up a 2nd blocker which I will likely use in the extension block for everything else - got it mainly for my LPS which also can hum loud at times.

Got mine from a guy named Alex here: http://www.atlhifi.com/

Does all kinds of combinations and can also supply just the boards or a fully built one in a case.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast