+ Reply to Thread

Thread: CA 651 Mods

I'm Kevin.

Default CA 651 Mods

Is there anyone stateside that does mods to phono stages, a CA 651 in particular. I'd love to ship mine over to Jez Arkless, but it will cost an arm and a leg to ship it overseas. Any guidance for some here?

I'm Alex.

Maybe better to sell yours and buy a used one in the UK, have it delivered to Jez for mods, then you only have to pay shipping in one direction? For such a small box shipping costs shouldn't be too bad.

I'm Jez.

For curiosity I just checked the cost of sending a 651p from UK to USA and the best price I can find is £12.70!! ($16.60) this is for budget carriage, no insurance etc and takes a week to get there. It is £11 postage when I send one from here to another part of the UK... that is insured, tracked and next day delivery though. Even UPS only want £26 to deliver one to USA. I would guess there must be similarly cheap couriers in USA....
    Last edited by Arkless Electronics; 27-07-2017 at 17:00.
    Arkless Electronics-Engineered to be better. Tel. 01670 530674 (after 1pm)

Modded Thorens TD150, Audio Technica AT-1005 MkII, Technics EPC-300MC, Arkless Hybrid MC phono stage, Arkless passive pre, Arkless 50WPC Class A SS power amp, (or) Arkless modded Leak Stereo 20, Modded Kef Reference 105/3's
    ReVox PR99, Studer B62, Ferrograph Series 7, Tandberg TCD440, Hitachi FT-5500MkI, also FT-5500MkII
    Digital: Yamaha CDR-HD1500 (Digital Swiss army knife-CD recorder, player, hard drive, DAC and ADC in one), PC files via 24/96 sound card and SPDIF, modded Philips CD850, modded Philips CD104, modded DPA Little Bit DAC. Sennheiser HD580 cans with Arkless Headphone amp.
    Cables- free interconnects that come with CD players, mains leads from B&Q, dead kettles etc, extension leads from Tesco

+ Reply to Thread