I'm Adam.

I have a Benz Micro glider L2,
    a truley fabulous cart., perfect nick
    that I may move on
    Not huge money maybe under £300..ish
    Just Waiting for my Dynavector to come back from
    Expert stylus co from a retip, so will have to wait a week or so
    "lack of passion is fatal"

Vinyl: Thorens TD-124mk2 / SME-312 Aluminium 'special' / SME M2-9R / STEREO: Etsuro Urushi Cobalt / Shure M3D / Ortofon SPU A95 / Cartridge Man Music Master / Shure - SC35C (US) / SAEC C3 MC MONO: Miyajima Zero B 0.7mil mono / Miyajima Premium 1.0 / Amps & SUTs: Radford STA25 mk3 / AD Audio 'Satchmo2' pre & LCR phono / Hashimoto HM-7 SUT / ETR-MONO SUT Digital: Audio Note 4.1 (with DAC5 upgrades) DAC / Roon / Tidal Speakers: Tannoy 12" MGs' in RFC custom 'Rutland' Cabinets with RFC crossovers / Tannoy ST-100 Super Tweeters Cables: LFD Grainless phono / RFC Mercury / Duelund DCA16GA tinned copper / Kimber 12TC / SW1X Audio Design USB-SPdif / Duelund DCA20GA interconnects / SW1X Audio SPDIF Aero 6 / Mains Power Conditioner / Box Furniture rack / Audiodesk Systeme Vinyl Cleaner / a very beautiful & understanding Wife!

I'm charles.

Default Cart.

Hi,AT33ptg is a better cart than eroica
    although eroica is still a good cart,had both,regards

montesquieu Guest

£350 new gets you some very nice MM cartridges that in general are better than a cheap MC. On a Rega I would go with a Goldring 1042 or Audio Note IQ2, ton of synergy with the arm, and the cartridge would not be your bottleneck by any stretch.

If you must have an MC, on a Rega the obvious Denon 103R won't work that well as it needs a heavier arm, so Ortofon Quintet Blue would be my choice.

Used is a different ball game but you have to buy very carefully, you might for instance get a Shelter 501 or an Ortofon Kontrapunkt, but who knows how much life left in it? But a really good score if you can find one from a trusted source.

I personally would be inclined on this budget to stick with MM. I've been playing a lot with vintage MM catridges lately, some of them picked up for peanuts, and I'm more and more convinced that the turntable and arm (and phono stage) are well above cartridges in the pecking order of importance, and arm-cartridge matching also matters far more than MC vs MM. Make 100% sure you get something that suits your setup rather than focusing on what kind of generator it has inside..

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12