+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Help required re: an internet radio.

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by John_F View Post
    Hi Walpurgis,

This looks more like what I'm looking for - will investigate - many thanks.
    Let us know if it proves suitable.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm sorted.

I'm Jon.

"Does the Roberts internet radio have an output socket that I can just plug into my Revox?"

Yes, it has a 3.5mm stereo line-output. User manual here: http://www.aeldownloads.com/robertsr...%20Issue.3.pdf

Jon

I'm Mike.

If you already have an iPad but save yourself a good bit of cash and buy the Chromecast Audio as recommended above.

Can be fitted into your system via RCA and can be put out of sight behind system.

I'm John.

Many thanks for all your comments - I'm going to try this: Ocean Digital WR01C WiFi Internet Radio WLAN Wireless Adapter Tuner Receiver. I get it tomorrow & will let you know how I get on. Its small enough to sit beside my Revox set up without being too obtrusive.

I'm Nuno.

I'm John.

Went for the Ocean WR 01C in the end & it fits the bill perfectly. I'm still figuring out its logic but it does what I want. Screen is small but once I've configured what I want in stations that won't be a problem. It claims to have access to 17000 stations (compared with 20,000+ with other makes) but this will be more than adequate. At last, I don't have to keep plugging & unplugging my iPad any more!
    I visited Richer Sound in Plymouth on Sunday for advice but they were only interested in selling me articles that they stocked & wanted to sell me a Denon set at £279. There was no mention of Ocean at £50.00.
    Walpurgis, this was perfect - so glad I joined the site for advice before purchasing. Many thanks!!
    Photo attached of set up.
    Attached Images Attached Images

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12