+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Sparky Noise - Hope It's Not A Problem

I'm TheMostHonestPersonYouWillMeet.

Default Sparky Noise - Hope It's Not A Problem

While playing my left speaker just had a kind of sparky noise... not a very technical term I know..

I've never heard this before so I rushed over to the system to see if the amp was ok and to check plugs etc

I stopped the cd playing and checked all the connections and they are all nice and tight... I don't know what was causing the sparky noise.. amp, speakers, cd or dac or cables

I've re-started the cd and the noise has gone... It really worries me what it was

I have never taken the lid off the amp so maybe I will do that and Deoxit all the valve seats/pins etc
    Bev

Mark Levinson N°390s CD Through:Atlas Elektra XLR's To: Mark Levinson N°383 To: Magneplanar .7's

I'm openingabottleofwine.

I would leave things as they are. If it occurs again and on the same channel, then I would suspect a valve is starting to misbehave.
    Barry

I'm TheMostHonestPersonYouWillMeet.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    I would leave things as they are. If it occurs again and on the same channel, then I would suspect a valve is starting to misbehave.
    Thanks Barry

All seems ok at the moment...
    Bev

Mark Levinson N°390s CD Through:Atlas Elektra XLR's To: Mark Levinson N°383 To: Magneplanar .7's

I'm Shaun.

I recently had a problem with my few months old power amp that was a distinct fluttery sound. Took out all of the valves, put them back, problem gone.

Shortly after that I had a problem with the same fluttery sound on my valve guitar amp head. Tried the same, same end result...!

Voila...!!

+ Reply to Thread