+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Advice on record cleaning machine

I'm Russell.

Quote Originally Posted by Simon_LDT View Post
    There isn't anything wrong as such with the Pro-Ject. The early versions (first batch) had the vac armtube made of metal and also the socket it sits in made of the same metal - causing some to get stuck as some users didn't grease them up. Pro-Ject supplied new instructions and a pack of grease for the 2nd batch (which I have). I've had no issues at all with this.

I believe it now comes with a plastic socket that the arm sits in - so no metal to metal contact anymore.

The other small thing is the foam/pad on the clamps, they can soak up the solution and it can end up on the labels (which it should be protecting). Not sure if they changed this at all but it's not a huge issue if you don't get lots of solution right next to it. I removed them and used some thin o-ring material instead which is perfect.
    I've had mine for less than a year, and the vacuum post is heavy plastic, so no grease or sticking of the arm tube. And the foam lining of the clamp discs, is thin closed cell foam, I've had no issue with it absorbing fluid. So it seems perhaps they have addressed those problems? One of its advantages over other machines is that it is flat on top, any spilled fluid is so easily wiped off, and there are no inside corners for fluid to collect in.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm Adam.

Well, The Nitty Gritty RCM, simply the best upgrade you can make once you have a good vinyl front end.
    Used to think it was just for nerds.. Now i'm a nerd too!
    "lack of passion is fatal"

Vinyl: Thorens TD-124mk2 / SME-312 Aluminium 'special' / SME M2-9R / STEREO: Etsuro Urushi Cobalt / Shure M3D / Ortofon SPU A95 / Cartridge Man Music Master / Shure - SC35C (US) / SAEC C3 MC MONO: Miyajima Zero B 0.7mil mono / Miyajima Premium 1.0 / Amps & SUTs: Radford STA25 mk3 / AD Audio 'Satchmo2' pre & LCR phono / Hashimoto HM-7 SUT / ETR-MONO SUT Digital: Audio Note 4.1 (with DAC5 upgrades) DAC / Roon / Tidal Speakers: Tannoy 12" MGs' in RFC custom 'Rutland' Cabinets with RFC crossovers / Tannoy ST-100 Super Tweeters Cables: LFD Grainless phono / RFC Mercury / Duelund DCA16GA tinned copper / Kimber 12TC / SW1X Audio Design USB-SPdif / Duelund DCA20GA interconnects / SW1X Audio SPDIF Aero 6 / Mains Power Conditioner / Box Furniture rack / Audiodesk Systeme Vinyl Cleaner / a very beautiful & understanding Wife!

Bigman80 Guest

I've read this thread and had similar thoughts to "buy a better unit for better results"

I bought an Album from Cob records in Porthmadog the other day and when I got it home it sounded horrific. I read this thread and bought some ingredients for a cleaning solution for the Disco anti-stat i use. A total of £20 for about 3L and the anti stat cleaner was about £25. After one clean it's actually sounding really really good. I'm sure a thorough soak and then a thorough clean with bring it up to the standard of my other records

I love the cheap and cheerful nature of it and it does a great job.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123