+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Advice on record cleaning machine

I'm martin.

Default Advice on record cleaning machine

Hi Guys,

I thinking of buying a record cleaning machine without breaking the bank what are your thoughts on which one to buy? Ease of use would be one of the pluses and cost.

Regards,

Martin

I'm Russell.

I cannot say enough good things about the Pro-Ject VC-S.
    I previously had a VPI 16.5, but it developed a bad leak, long story, but I swore I'd never have another. Even though it worked fine while it was working. But! I replaced it with the Pro-Ject and it is better in every way. It's like they looked at the other brands, and thought, "how can we improve on their designs?".

I wrote a review on this site somewhere, don't ask me how to find it. But I'll try to condense it. It has a large center hub that covers the labels, so they can't get wet. After you've cleaned Side one, and flip it over you don't have to put the clean side down on a dirty platter, no platter works so well keeping both sides clean. It has a very powerful vacuum. But isn't as loud as the 16.5. Bidirectional too, for extra scrubbing. The vacuum arm is all metal, no cracking or coming apart, it will last forever. Just replace the fuzzy lips every now and again. It does a better job than my old 16.5' and if I have a stack of 10 records I can get through them in less time.

And for some reason it's cheaper in Europe than here in the States.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm Simon.

Another vote for the VC-S here, fantastic machine for the money. Can't fault it other than the loudness of the vac but then I've read from many that most other brands are even louder! Plus, you'll only have it on for about 5 seconds per side (I usually do 1 revolution in each direction).

It will even do 7'' records. I've found that if you cover the exposed part of the vac slot when sucking up the juice, it works extremely well - no need for any extra attachments or anything like that.

I'm Grant.

not much to beat a moth imv. sturdy and work well. most are noisy but i just wear earbuds.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Christopher.

I believe the Project case is made from mdf. That is a potential problem. I would spend a little extra on a metal case machine like Okki Nokki or Moth.

I'm Dave.

Moth all the way. I've sold dozens of them and not one has had any faults at all.

I'm Ras.

I am fully satisfied with my Nano Meco brasilian home made rcm. You will need some cheap hoover though to make it work. I use old Electrolux Mondo 1600w set up on min. sucking power. This little rcm is doing fine job. Price is less then £100 plus shipping fees from Brasilia. Maybe worthy to look at. Search for "maquina phk". Paulo is honest guy.

Odoslané z A0001 pomocou Tapatalku

I'm Gary.

I have an Okki Nokki and have had no problems with its functionality. I don't find the level of noise to be anything other than one would perhaps expect when using a vacuum motor.

I'm Graham.

My Moth was from the very first batch ever made in the early 90's,it's cleaned several thousand records and apart from changing the pads every couple of years,it still does sterling work.
    Analogue. Basis signature 2200,Basis Vector 4.Koetsu Red,Koetsu SUT,NVO SPA 11.
    Digital. Denon 2900,Jolida FX 11
    Amp. Pathos Logos,Minidsp dirac 22A.
    Speakers. Amphion Xenon.
    Airlink CBS 2000 bps

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by GJO View Post
    My Moth was from the very first batch ever made in the early 90's,it's cleaned several thousand records and apart from changing the pads every couple of years,it still does sterling work.
    my pads are still original and still ok. mine is only about 10 tho. just a boy
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast