+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Have you ever felt the Earth move?

I'm Mike.

Default Have you ever felt the Earth move?

Well, last night for a couple of seconds my wife and I did, bloody weird feeling your bed move rocking from side to side, but with no sound, which is of course due to the fact that everything moved in unison.

We're a good bit away from the epicenter but still felt it.

The fact that it happened a minute after we'd had nookie is unfortunately, purely coincidental

I can only imagine how scary it must have been in Kos and Turkey etc for that couple of seconds here, it was seriously strange.

I'm Andrew.

Yes we had a small earthquake in Yorkshire a few years ago. I was in bed and it just felt like someone banged the bed.
    SS
    CD Teac VRDS25X(Audiotuned) DECK 1210 Mat Crystal Audio Mods MN Base/Bearing/Platter+Ebony armboard Feet Isonoe PSU Paul Hynes SR7EHD-27XL/DCSXL Ag DC lead/3 Stage Regs/Recap PCB+No Pitch/Strobe/Light ARM SME V(Kondo Ag Rewire&Tags) MC Cadenza Black FGS CABLES Arm Yannis SPD-4 IC Yannis 222 Litz+Ag bullets Power WAR PRE ATC SCA2 SPEAKERS ATC 50ASL STANDS Atacama PHONO Sugden Masterclass PA4 SUT Ortofon ST80SE POWER PSAudio P10

VALVE
    PRE
    Croft Epoch(Modded) AMP Sondex S100 (Modded) SPEAKERS Tannoy 15"MG+RFC Warwick cabs+ Ref XO + Batpure supertweeters DECK Garrard 301 Mat Teunto Bearings 401(Bastin) Plinth Bamboo Arms 3009/3012 PSU Eagle+Tachometer MC Ag Meister II/FGS + Ortofon SPU MONO CABLES Arm Yannis 420.5 Litz+ SpeakerPC Tripple C+WBT-0681 Ag IC Oyaide FTVS-510 AgWBT 0110Ag Phonostages Paradise(4 Box Mega-Modded) / Croft Musicmaker

I'm Grant.

if youve both been on the nookie broon then I' not surprised Felt nowt here bar pain mate
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm gone.

I was walking across quite a long suspension road bridge in Spain when the whole thing just swayed by about a foot.
    Very weird sensation.
    Nope, I would not like to be mixed up in a big one.

I'm brian.

Mike, file that under a little too much information there, me thinks !

I'm Adam.

Boxing Day in Dumfries, about 15 years ago or so.

It was a weird feeling.

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by jandl100 View Post
    I was walking across quite a long suspension road bridge in Spain when the whole thing just swayed by about a foot.
    Very weird sensation.
    Nope, I would not like to be mixed up in a big one.
    Yes bridges move a fair bit. We used to stand with one foot on each carriageway as a big truck went by and see one foot move dramatically with repect to the other. It is a weird feeling.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Dave.

Not sure where the quake was, could have been Yorkshire and around 5 years ago ? I was woken by a noise and then the bed was moving for a few seconds. I sat up, realised it wasn't a dream and thought it was a 'haunting'. Couldn't think what it could have been and went back to sleep. It was the news the next day, which explained it was a quake.

I'm Mike.

Told my wife right after it happened that it was an earthquake, can't imagine how scary it must be caught in one near it's centre.

I'm Con.

I have been in quite a few actually, it does fill weird and scary and what I have noticed is that just before it happens every thing is dead silent like your the only one left on the planet , if your wondering Ha as if well that island KOS IT JUST HIT is my HOME TOWN were I was born and raised in, so let's just say I have had my fair share . That building which collapsed and killed 2 people is a BAR called white corner , I used to work next door as a barman for many years I now all the people that work around bar street and after contacting a few they are devastated at what has happened and their hearts go out to the families Of the 2 people that lost their life's there.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast