+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Have you ever felt the Earth move?

I'm Anto.

I forget exactly when it was , but in the 80's there was a small quake out in the Irish sea , around 9-10 in the morning !!
    I had had a very heavy session on the beer, the previous night, and I was running a bucket of hot water for the dairy wash cycle.

The bloody tap and copper pipe to it, started to pulse and vibrate under my touch , and as th4e good lady was outside on the concrete yard , I was about to shout ' The taps throbbing ,whats up with it??' but I thought no , no , she gonna think I have the hangover of all hangovers !!
    Twas only later in the day I twigged it was about the time of this tremor

But the old boys who cut peat on the Whixall Moss 3000 acres of peat bog , nearly sharted themselves because apparently the peat shook like putting a toy soldier on a jelly and shaking it
    Frightened one or 2 rigid !!
    I only ride 'em, I don't know what makes 'em work

I'm Grant.

was a big one at the Llyn peninsula in 1984 that was felt all over wales and many other places.. might have been that
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Martin.

There was one in the late 'Eighties, epicentre in North Wales. I was at college, sat in the kitchen of our 'hut' and the whole place started to shake quite violently, pots and pans clanging together. I thought a truck had hit the building. In this country an earthquake is the last thing you think of as the cause.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    There was one in the late 'Eighties, epicentre in North Wales. I was at college, sat in the kitchen of our 'hut' and the whole place started to shake quite violently, pots and pans clanging together. I thought a truck had hit the building. In this country an earthquake is the last thing you think of as the cause.
    might have been the llyn one.. it epicentred on llyn but its biggest effect was liverpool
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Martin.

There was one earlier in the '80s when I was at school in Liverpool. That was at about 0800 on a weekday morning. Was still in bed and the whole thing started shaking. Thought my mother was shaking the bed to get me up for school.

My father went to LA just after they had that big earthquake when there were freeways that had collapsed and suchlike. He was staying at the Hyatt (or similar) and his room was on the 20th floor. After a couple of days he remarked to the receptionist that his floor seemed very quiet. Turned out they were not putting anyone in rooms above the tenth floor in case of aftershocks and my old man had somehow slipped through the net.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Shane.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeyb View Post
    Well, last night for a couple of seconds my wife and I did, bloody weird feeling your bed move rocking from side to side, but with no sound, which is of course due to the fact that everything moved in unison.

We're a good bit away from the epicenter but still felt it.

The fact that it happened a minute after we'd had nookie is unfortunately, purely coincidental

I can only imagine how scary it must have been in Kos and Turkey etc for that couple of seconds here, it was seriously strange.

Last night, I did a big fart. So perhaps I'm the culprit

S.

I'm Geoff.

It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Shane.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    14708229_10154848670779305_3568671223704529291_n.jpg

s.

I'm Mike.

I was doing a night dive off the beach at Nuweiba on the Sinai peninsula many years ago. Didn't feel anything but it sounded like someone was inside of a big freighter and was banging on the hull with the mother of all sledgehammers. When we emerged from the sea and found everyone running around screaming, we realised what was going on!

I'm Russell.

We had a short quake near my house, the ground started to vibrate, and it sounded just like a large truck was close to the house. But then it suddenly got worse, and I shouted, "this is an earthquake!", and then it was over. It knocked things off of store shelves, very minor.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12