+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Mythbusters does Hi-Fi.

I'm Martin.

You should.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Andrew.

If I'm part of the reason you've abandoned this thread because of drift then I apologise and promise not to be a distraction in future if you want to reconsider. I was looking forward to learning more of the science.

I'm Edward.

Quote Originally Posted by Arkless Electronics View Post
    Thread abandoned.
    Aw shucks.

Or do you mean you will start a new thread?
    Current: [P20] Roon/Tidal > Custom PC> Chevron Paradox NDF16 > Phast Pre > Neuro. 686 > Tannoy Berkley (RFC tweaks)

Location: Out on the wild and windy moors Lancs / Yorks Border

I'm Andy.

That's a shame
    Analogue
    401 / PU7 / AT33ev
    Longdog Audio Quartz turntable PSU
    Longdog Audio MCJ1 - Prototype Phonostage
    Digital
    Innuos Zen Mini Mk 3
    Topping D50s
    Caiman Seg & Dorado
    Cambridge CXC
    Amps
    Tron Seven Linestage
    Bel Canto Set 40 or Nick Gorham built 300B Set Monoblocks
    Speakers
    Tannoy GRF Memory.
    Tannoy ST100.

I'm Martin.

Jez, if we promise to be good will you reconsider?
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

Bigman80 Guest

I was actually trying to follow this. C'mon Jez, don't abandon us!!!

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

I'm NotTakingLifeTooSeriouslyTheseDays.

Probably gone to the pub now!
    "Today scientists have substituted mathematics for experiments, and they wander off through equation after equation, and eventually build a structure which has no relation to reality"
    Nikola Tesla

Its now a conspiracy theory to believe that the Immune system is capable of doing the job it was designed to do.
    A fish is only as healthy as the water its swimming in ! [Dr Robert Young]

www.tubedistinctions.co.uk

Matthew 5:10

I'm Dennis.

Yes I did Andrew, hence the exaggerated sizes. (Hose pipes and electric rail supports).
    I do not think that anyone has been disrespectful to the pursuit of truth, off thread,or impolite.

RothwellAudio Guest

On the subject of power supplies and voltage regulators, here's something that bugs me: regulators located remotely from the audio circuit. It's wrong!
    Here's an example from another forum:
    http://audiokarma.org/forums/index.p...om-kit.780338/
    You can see one box contains a transformer, rectifier, smoothing caps and a voltage regulator. There's a cord connecting the power supply to the audio circuit - in this case a phonostage. All looks neat and tidy, but the regulator regulates the voltage at its output with respect to its local 0V reference. It can't compensate for any resistance in the wires to a circuit located remotely, so the sensible thing to do is have the regulator right next to the audio circuit. Why put it in a box at the other end of a long piece of wire?

I'm Jez.

Quote Originally Posted by RothwellAudio View Post
    On the subject of power supplies and voltage regulators, here's something that bugs me: regulators located remotely from the audio circuit. It's wrong!
    Here's an example from another forum:
    http://audiokarma.org/forums/index.p...om-kit.780338/
    You can see one box contains a transformer, rectifier, smoothing caps and a voltage regulator. There's a cord connecting the power supply to the audio circuit - in this case a phonostage. All looks neat and tidy, but the regulator regulates the voltage at its output with respect to its local 0V reference. It can't compensate for any resistance in the wires to a circuit located remotely, so the sensible thing to do is have the regulator right next to the audio circuit. Why put it in a box at the other end of a long piece of wire?
    As I've said many times before..... and as is accepted good practice.... though not always adhered to as you rightly point out.
    I would have got to this if there hadn't been several pages of conjecture and debate before I even got to part 2
    Arkless Electronics-Engineered to be better. Tel. 01670 530674 (after 1pm)

Modded Thorens TD150, Audio Technica AT-1005 MkII, Technics EPC-300MC, Arkless Hybrid MC phono stage, Arkless passive pre, Arkless 50WPC Class A SS power amp, (or) Arkless modded Leak Stereo 20, Modded Kef Reference 105/3's
    ReVox PR99, Studer B62, Ferrograph Series 7, Tandberg TCD440, Hitachi FT-5500MkI, also FT-5500MkII
    Digital: Yamaha CDR-HD1500 (Digital Swiss army knife-CD recorder, player, hard drive, DAC and ADC in one), PC files via 24/96 sound card and SPDIF, modded Philips CD850, modded Philips CD104, modded DPA Little Bit DAC. Sennheiser HD580 cans with Arkless Headphone amp.
    Cables- free interconnects that come with CD players, mains leads from B&Q, dead kettles etc, extension leads from Tesco

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast