+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Billy Cobham "Spectrum"

I'm Alex.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeMusic View Post
    I have Crosswinds LP and give it 5/10

Spectrum well ahead and the one to get 8/10
    How would you rate "Total Eclipse"?
    Don't you just hate it when you cannot detect where the post ends and a signature line begins?

Alex.

I'm Dan.

I have it on vinyl somewhere must find it....Excellent from memory
    Pre & Power
    Technics SUC 909U & Technics SE A909S
    Turntable
    Thorens TD 125 MK1 , SME 3009 S2 Non Improved , Shure V15 II , SME 2000 Plinth
    CD Transport & DAC & PSU
    Marantz 6005 , Beresford Caiman , Paul Hynes SR4
    Loudspeakers
    Tannoy 615 MK2

I'm Chris.

Its also available within a 5 CD set, called Original Album series
    the other 4 are Total eclipse, Crosswinds, A funky thide of Sings
    and Shabazz ( live in Europe )

Tommy Bolin https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tommy_Bolin
    is the guitarist on Spectrum

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by magiccarpetride View Post
    How would you rate "Total Eclipse"?
    5/10 (sorry...)
    TAD CD / DAC / Pre, Technics 1210, MCRU PSU, Mike New Bearing & Platter, Stillpoints LP1 weight, Speedy Steve Ebony armboard, Fidelity Research FR64FX arm, Ortofon SPU. Aurorasound VIDA Phono Pre Amp, TAD Power Amp, TAD E1 speakers. Coherent RTZ 3 Grounding box, Coherent grounding cables, Creaktiv racks. Coherent Mains Cables. SR Blue Fuse. Interconnects : Coherent and Yannis 223.5 Connect Litz. Coherent speaker cable. Audio Magic Transcendence Conditioner. Coherent mains socket. Mains Filters : , PS Audio Harvesters, Russ Andrews Purifiers, Tacima, Vertex. Black Ravioli and RDC supports. Electric Beach S1NX platforms for TAD CD and Technics. Ferrite chokes everywhere except the above. Ears, brain

Mike

I'm Alex.

5/10 (sorry...)
    Matches my memory of that album. The reason I'm asking is there is a used copy of "Total Eclipse" in the record store around the corner, and I'm debating whether to blow $10.00 on it?
    Don't you just hate it when you cannot detect where the post ends and a signature line begins?

Alex.

I'm Mike.

I wouldn't.

Thinking of Jan Hammer on Spectrum.....
    If you can find Jan Hammer's Oh Yeah that's worth a fortune

One of the albums of all time
    TAD CD / DAC / Pre, Technics 1210, MCRU PSU, Mike New Bearing & Platter, Stillpoints LP1 weight, Speedy Steve Ebony armboard, Fidelity Research FR64FX arm, Ortofon SPU. Aurorasound VIDA Phono Pre Amp, TAD Power Amp, TAD E1 speakers. Coherent RTZ 3 Grounding box, Coherent grounding cables, Creaktiv racks. Coherent Mains Cables. SR Blue Fuse. Interconnects : Coherent and Yannis 223.5 Connect Litz. Coherent speaker cable. Audio Magic Transcendence Conditioner. Coherent mains socket. Mains Filters : , PS Audio Harvesters, Russ Andrews Purifiers, Tacima, Vertex. Black Ravioli and RDC supports. Electric Beach S1NX platforms for TAD CD and Technics. Ferrite chokes everywhere except the above. Ears, brain

Mike

I'm Alex.

I wouldn't.

Thinking of Jan Hammer on Spectrum.....
    If you can find Jan Hammer's Oh Yeah that's worth a fortune

One of the albums of all time
    I have it, fantastic playing (especially by Steve Kindler on killer violin!) Sadly, the pressing I have is of substandard sound quality. The condition is very good, but the overall sound is a bit dull and lacks dynamics.

Is your pressing better sounding?

Alex.

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by magiccarpetride View Post
    I have it, fantastic playing (especially by Steve Kindler on killer violin!) Sadly, the pressing I have is of substandard sound quality. The condition is very good, but the overall sound is a bit dull and lacks dynamics.

Is your pressing better sounding?
    Pressing is ok.
    Slightly worn but not at all bad.
    Have it on CD too

Do you have Black Sheep and Like Children ? - only falling slightly short of Oh Yeah

Mike

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12