Thinking my next upgrade will be a new tonearm for my Ace Spacedeck TT. I'm currently using an old-ish (circa early-mid 00's) Rega RB-300. This is completely stock, not even a counterweight change. Since getting my first ''proper'' TT in 2010, this is the only arm I've had so I'm a little unsure about the whole thing and there is a lot of stuff out there!

This will be 3-6 months away most likely so time to decide, just want to get some rough ideas down of what to look for incase a bargain pops up.

Not sure if I want to go unipivot or not. Would need to be able to handle my current cart (Adikt, 7g), so possibly looking for around 5-10g recommended cart weight for the arm. Would like to go MC in the near future too, possibly an AT33ptg/ii I have my eye on.

Ease of set-up, with decent VTA, VTF and hopefully azimuth adjustments would be nice. Don't want something too fiddly, but then want to be able to dial it in properly and leave it. The Rega doesn't have much in the way of adjustments so can be quite limiting there.

Budget probably around £7-800, although could possibly go to a grand for the right thing.

Worth getting the RB300 re-wired, new counterweight,etc or better to use that money on something better?