+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Tonearm for Spacedeck TT's...?

montesquieu Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Mikeandvan View Post
    So your saying I should drill 3 holes into the original NAS armboard and then screw the Jelco collar onto it? (The arm isn't too high, its a wee bit low, but you change alter VTA as their is a grub screw in the collar.
    Yes I thought the drill holes bit was obvious but the critical thing here is the distance from the centre of the arm pivot to the spindle - 214mm. Otherwise it'll be very hard to get the overhang right, and if it's wrong you'll get all sorts of distortion.

I'm Mike.

OK thanks, its just that someone else mentioned the collet, but the collet I have here can't fit anywhere with the Jelco collar in place, so I guess its just redundant? Not even sure why NAS use them really.

I'm Dave.

They use them because any arm can be fitted into a Notts collet of the appropriate size, no need for the armbase. This allows a much more secure fixing and complete control of VTA.

I'm Simon.

Picked up a 2nd hand Ace Space arm, which arrived today. Will be looking to get it on the table tomorrow. Any links to good in-depth guides for setting up the Ace Space arms? The manual sheet I've found online is very vague, unless you happen to have some prior knowledge.

I'm Mike.

Try NAS, they're very helpful.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123