+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Tonearm for Spacedeck TT's...?

I'm Bob.

Over the years I've had a Michell Techno Arm, Audio Note Arm One (the current model) and the 10" Ace Space arm on my Space Deck. Sonically, the Ace Space is easily the best of that trio in my set-up, probably because of NA synergy I suspect. I was very dubious about using a unipivot because all the talk of wobbliness etc but, as mentioned above, the Ace Space does not feel at all like a unipivot when in use. It's well worth considering.
    k

NA Space Deck/NA Ace Space 12" arm/Benz Micro Wood SL - Noteworthy Phonote phono - Consonance CD120L CDP - Audion Select passive pre - Audion Silver Night Anniversary 300b power amp - Sugden A21a - ProAc Response D20R - Quadraspire Q4 rack

Michell GyroDec/AudioNote Arm ii/Ortofon Quintet Black - Silvercore "One to Ten" SUT - Croft RIAA - Marantz 6005 CD - Croft 25R Pre - Croft 7 Power - Heco Celan 300

I'm Lee.

The Jelco 750D works great on a spacedeck I use one myself, it replaced an Orgin Live regal based arm, wiped the floor with it. The only arm I'd consider changing to would be the Notts tonearm just for the synergy that the pair offer
    Vinyl rig 1 - NAS Spacedeck / FR64s / Lab 12 Melto / Denon SUT / Ortofon GM SPU. Vinyl rig 2 Mono Set Up - Lenco GL75 c/w Jelco 750D / AT33 Mono / EAR 834P Modded. Amplifiers - Audio Note Empress Silver / Hattor Passive Pre. Digital - Fanless Mini PC / Lampizator TRP / Linear PSU / Hummingboard Network audio adaptor. Speakers - Horns.pl Mummy's. Cables are Audio Note / Albedo / Furutech Speaker wire. Power conditioner is a Gigawatt PC2 EVO

I'm Shaun.

Seriously considered the Jelco 750 before buying the Origin Live but couldn't be arsed with all of the mounting issues with that tonearm. According to what I learned at the time you have to factor in a new mounting collar as the standard one is so poor. No such case with Origin Live or Rega. I replaced a Rega RB250 with the Onyx and so far I am really pleased I did however the sonic difference wasn't as huge as I had hoped for.

I'm Colin.

I use a Moerch DP6 with my Ace Spacedeck and love it.
    Bought it secondhand on this site.

Location: A Strangely Isolated Place in Suffolk with Far Away Trains Passing By...

I'm David.

I've only heard NAS arms on other decks a couple of times, but they performed superbly when I did and one combination, a fettled 301 in a Bastin plinth and with VDH Decca 'Export,' the sound was absolutely superb, the usual stock Decca excesses all but banished (seems to happen when more exotic tips are fitted to these and the internals tweaked).

So sad that few in the UK is really interested in NAS decks these days - they're so good potentially. Michell looks so much more interesting and Regas more easy to live with domestically - and cover over to protect from dust easily... I'm now so steeped in vintage Duals these days (and lovng every minute of it) I tend to forget how good and 'quiet' my vinyl source was back then
    Tear down these walls; Cut the ties that held me
    Crying out at the top of my voice; Tell me now if you can hear me

I'm Mike.

I'm just about to finally connect my Jelco 750D with my NAS Interspace after having sold off my 2 other tonearms - rb300 & OL silver. I very simply stuck with the 750 so I could change carts easily, that's it. Now, do I just drill 3 holes into the current nas armboard for the Jelco collar? Or is that too easy?

montesquieu Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Haselsh1 View Post
    Seriously considered the Jelco 750 before buying the Origin Live but couldn't be arsed with all of the mounting issues with that tonearm. According to what I learned at the time you have to factor in a new mounting collar as the standard one is so poor. No such case with Origin Live or Rega. I replaced a Rega RB250 with the Onyx and so far I am really pleased I did however the sonic difference wasn't as huge as I had hoped for.
    Haven't heard a Jelco 750 on a space deck but have owned a couple of them I think you have a very wrong idea about so called 'hassle' ... in my view it's considerably better than any of those rega-derived arms (even on the original base). Adding the improved bed base merely lifts it even further. It's a giant killer in my view.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm Mike.

[IMG]IMG_20170812_215714438 by Mike Van, on Flickr[/IMG]

Sooo, I got my NAS Interspace, with its armboard ('modified') by previous owner but still managed to take a RB300 with its collet in place (that's the black tubular thing you see in right of pic). And I want to fit my Jelco 750D on it, it has its own collar, what's the best way to go about all this? Ta.

montesquieu Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Mikeandvan View Post
    [IMG]IMG_20170812_215714438 by Mike Van, on Flickr[/IMG]

Sooo, I got my NAS Interspace, with its armboard ('modified') by previous owner but still managed to take a RB300 with its collet in place (that's the black tubular thing you see in right of pic). And I want to fit my Jelco 750D on it, it has its own collar, what's the best way to go about all this? Ta.
    Spidle to pivot distance will be different Jelco will be 214mm, the Rega would have been 222mm so almost 1cm closer to the spindle. Looks like it may already have been widened sufficiently for the Jelco to fit, and the new base should cover up most of the 'modification' to the collet. Should be some mounting tools with the Jelco or downloadable from Vinyl Engine.

One thing you'll need to watch with the original collet + the new armbase is the height, you might end up with the arm too high up in which case you'll need another, thinner collet made (but if you get SpeedySteve to do it he should be able to fit the armbase to it at the same time).

I'm Mike.

So your saying I should drill 3 holes into the original NAS armboard and then screw the Jelco collar onto it? (The arm isn't too high, its a wee bit low, but you change alter VTA as their is a grub screw in the collar.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast