+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Thorens TD125 MKI

I'm Glen.

Default Thorens TD125 MKI

Hi All,

I've decided, due to space/time constraints as well as the amount of usage the Turntable gets to sell my mint MK1 TD 125. This was bought only last November 2016 from Dave at Radlett Audio. He says it was one of the best examples he'd seen and it truly is. Sorry that I didn't dust the cover... but that's what it's for!
    It comes with the 10" Jelco 750E arm, bought brand new from Ammonite Acoustics, along with the upgraded collar and locking nut. Along with Oyaides excellent TF headshell. The original has never been used and is in the box. I made an armboard for it out of aged Mahogany, but it comes also with an SME and Rega cut board too. The tonearm cable is the one from Timestep. The Cartridge was brand new, again in November, from Audio Emotion. It's the fantastic Carmen, a brilliantly detailed, but smooth sounding Cartridge. If I'm being honest, it's probably had about 30 hours only. But I'll say 50 to be on the safe side... Oh and I bought Johann's service kit including belt and all from eBay at the beginning of the year.
    I don't mind slpiiting all the bits and pieces, but I don't want to be stuck with the odd bit, here and there. So we'll have to see how it goes. I'll just give the price for all of it in one go and work out the rest if needed. Everything, apart from the turntable, has the original box.
    So as to cost... If I'm way off, then please feel free to make an offer, or indeed offer suggestions. The cost of everything individually comes to about £1900 new. For starters and seeing as the bits are virtually new, how about £1275.00 and we'll see how we go?

https://imgur.com/a/bkh7h

To add, the turntable and everything works flawlessly and sounds really good to boot! My digital front end is well over 3 grands worth and this sounds better! I'll be sorry to see it go really, but needs must at the moment and it's a shame to have it just sitting here, when someone could be getting more from it!
    Last edited by glenann; 20-07-2017 at 06:47.

I'm Glen.

Any idea why my pictures have disappeared?

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Because they were lodged with Photobucket, and the bastards now refuse to allow 3rd party hosting unless you pay a 'ransom' of $400 a year.
    Barry

I'm Glen.

Oh, that'll be why then...marvellous!

+ Reply to Thread