+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: shure m75 stylus help

I'm paul.

Default shure m75 stylus help

hi guys
    need some help regarding a shure m75.
    im not sure what stylus to go for to get this up and running,or rather fitting,as i take it the type two is different?.
    im assuming that as it doesnt say type two on it,and the owner doesn't know,just said it says m75 on it then it must be the first type

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Used-shure...vip=true&rt=nc

so...do the shure experts out there know if this will be the right type/fitting stylus for my new ebay special?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/EVG-PM3144...19.m1438.l2649

any help would be much appreciated.
    regards
    smithie

I'm Andrew.

M75 is a good place to start and to be honest it dosen't matter which m75 you get as the new stylus available from JICO are sonically different in presentation to the old 1970s jobbies. You can try to buy a new old stock but they cost the earth and you have no way of knowing if it's been used, other stylii which are on offer suffer from the problem of not knowing how many hours they may have been used. I'd go to JICO website search for M75 stylus and then buy the one want. I wouldn't go anywhere else unless it's a trusted seller.
    SS
    CD Teac VRDS25X(Audiotuned) DECK 1210 Mat Crystal Audio Mods MN Base/Bearing/Platter+Ebony armboard Feet Isonoe PSU Paul Hynes SR7EHD-27XL/DCSXL Ag DC lead/3 Stage Regs/Recap PCB+No Pitch/Strobe/Light ARM SME V(Kondo Ag Rewire&Tags) MC Cadenza Black FGS CABLES Arm Yannis SPD-4 IC Yannis 222 Litz+Ag bullets Power WAR PRE ATC SCA2 SPEAKERS ATC 50ASL STANDS Atacama PHONO Sugden Masterclass PA4 SUT Ortofon ST80SE POWER PSAudio P10

VALVE
    PRE
    Croft Epoch(Modded) AMP Sondex S100 (Modded) SPEAKERS Tannoy 15"MG+RFC Warwick cabs+ Ref XO + Batpure supertweeters DECK Garrard 301 Mat Teunto Bearings 401(Bastin) Plinth Bamboo Arms 3009/3012 PSU Eagle+Tachometer MC Ag Meister II/FGS + Ortofon SPU MONO CABLES Arm Yannis 420.5 Litz+ SpeakerPC Tripple C+WBT-0681 Ag IC Oyaide FTVS-510 AgWBT 0110Ag Phonostages Paradise(4 Box Mega-Modded) / Croft Musicmaker

I'm openingabottleofwine.

If it's NOS (New old stock), then that is what it is. New (i.e. unused), old stock (items which are now no longer made by the original manufacturer). Anything else is either used/second hand/preowned, or is a 'generic' replacement.

The M75 cartridge has an early-looking logo on the front, without a model designation, so will most certainly be a Mk. I. Any replacement stylus ought to be OK, but depending on the arm being used, stylii with an elliptical profile might not be suitable.
    Barry

I'm Dave.

I have a few M75 cartridges and all are clearly marked Type 2. The earlier variants were just M75ED etc.

I'm paul.

hi guys
    thanks for all the help,so mk1 it is then
    so i take it a type two stylus wont fit into a mk1...just want to make sure i dont order the wrong type stlus...the seller said he used a ej one,a 75-6?
    ive been trying to read up on the shures,but my eyes start to glaze over with all the variations and different combos they made
    i was just thinking a n75ed,but i suppose jico only do one cheap type for it anyway if i go that route.
    regards
    paul

I'm openingabottleofwine.

I'm sure (no pun intended!) any N75 type stylus would fit.

What arm are you using Paul?
    Barry

I'm paul.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    I'm sure (no pun intended!) any N75 type stylus would fit.

What arm are you using Paul?

hi barry
    im using a linn lvx that came with the lenco gl75 i recently brought,
    i have the shure m55e with jico stylus on there at the moment,im tracking that at about 1.7 with a flat vta and it seems to be playing fine,i also like the general punchy sound of it to,which is always a plus.
    i was just curious if a m75 and jico would bring anything more to the table regarding sound quality,and if any other higher old skool shure models would do that to if they can be had at a sensible price.
    regards
    paul

I'm Andrew.

Is 1.7g too high for these stylii
    SS
    CD Teac VRDS25X(Audiotuned) DECK 1210 Mat Crystal Audio Mods MN Base/Bearing/Platter+Ebony armboard Feet Isonoe PSU Paul Hynes SR7EHD-27XL/DCSXL Ag DC lead/3 Stage Regs/Recap PCB+No Pitch/Strobe/Light ARM SME V(Kondo Ag Rewire&Tags) MC Cadenza Black FGS CABLES Arm Yannis SPD-4 IC Yannis 222 Litz+Ag bullets Power WAR PRE ATC SCA2 SPEAKERS ATC 50ASL STANDS Atacama PHONO Sugden Masterclass PA4 SUT Ortofon ST80SE POWER PSAudio P10

VALVE
    PRE
    Croft Epoch(Modded) AMP Sondex S100 (Modded) SPEAKERS Tannoy 15"MG+RFC Warwick cabs+ Ref XO + Batpure supertweeters DECK Garrard 301 Mat Teunto Bearings 401(Bastin) Plinth Bamboo Arms 3009/3012 PSU Eagle+Tachometer MC Ag Meister II/FGS + Ortofon SPU MONO CABLES Arm Yannis 420.5 Litz+ SpeakerPC Tripple C+WBT-0681 Ag IC Oyaide FTVS-510 AgWBT 0110Ag Phonostages Paradise(4 Box Mega-Modded) / Croft Musicmaker

I'm Grant.

Think 1.5gm is its top
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm paul.

Quote Originally Posted by REXTON View Post
    Is 1.7g too high for these stylii
    i thought it was good to 2.0g
    sweet spot for me in my setup seems to be around 1.77...but i know bugger all me

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast