+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: shure m75 stylus help

I'm paul.

struth
    isnt that limit for sas version?,im using normal jico replacement...

I'm Grant.

Shure M75 stylus chart
    « on: March 17, 2009, 01:27:06 PM »
    This post is for all people that are still using the 1960's/70's Shure classic in their Lenco's and other TT.
    All M75 body's are inside the same, there's only difference on the outside. First version was a clip in cartridge, second (type 2) has a plastic housing.

There are light, medium and a heavy tracking versions of both the eliptical and the spherical needle.Hypereliptical has two versions. Mono and 78 rpm only one.

N75 HE T2 (light grey) Hypereliptical (0,75-1,5gr)
    N75 E or ED or E T2 (yellow) Eliptical (low 0,75-1,5 gr)
    N75 G or G T2 (dark grey) Spherical (low 0,75-1,5 gr)

N75 HE-J (light grey) Hyperelliptical .2 x 1.5 (medium 1,25-2,5 gr)
    N75 EJ (light green) Eliptical (medium 1,5-3 gr)
    N75 6 or B T2 (beige) Spherical (medium 1,5-3 gr)
    N75-3 (dark green) 78rpm Spherical (medium 1,5-3gr)

N75 C (light blue) Spherical (heavy 3-5gr)
    N75 EC (Brown) Eliptical (heavy 2-4 gr)

N75-1 (dark blue)Mono ?

Any additions? Please let me know! smiley
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by smithie View Post
    i thought it was good to 2.0g
    sweet spot for me in my setup seems to be around 1.77...but i know bugger all me
    According to vinylengine.com the maximum recommended tracking force is 2.0g. From memory I think I tracked mine at 1.75g (in an SME 3009 arm).

Paul, using an M75E in your Linn LVV arm ought to be OK. The calculated low frequency resonance will lay somewhere between 7.3 to 10.5Hz, dependant upon the quoted compliance being static or dynamic. Vinylengine quotes it as being the dynamic value, but doesn't say at what frequency it is measured.

Even so it ought not to be a problem, unless you have a 'bouncy' sprung suspension TT that is subject to footfalls.
    Barry

Location: A Strangely Isolated Place in Suffolk with Far Away Trains Passing By...

I'm David.

The M75 E and ED types were fairly compliant and 1.25g was about right for secure tracking. More than 1.5g may cause excessive force on the suspension and this can deaden the sound too much on the rare occasions I've tried it. I have what could be a Jico 'N91-ED' here and although the sound is lively, clean and with a better diamond than Shure supplied, tracking isn't as good. the 'EJ' types could be used under 2g if the arm was stolid enough (lenco L75 for example).

I did once try a V15 III in an LVV with original shell, but the sound wasn't hugely good. Maybe the system I used at the time preferred the falling response of the Rega R100 (current R100 equivalent is the Sumiko Pearl).

As I remember, the 75 'E' was a bonded diamond chip on a wire or similar former which is mounted in the cantilever. The 'ED' is a naked diamond, albeit not a very fine one if my microscope was telling the truth. The design-donor V15T2 was rather finer and even higher in compliance and mine isn't quite as stable as the 'ED.'
    Tear down these walls; Cut the ties that held me
    Crying out at the top of my voice; Tell me now if you can hear me

I'm paul.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    According to vinylengine.com the maximum recommended tracking force is 2.0g. From memory I think I tracked mine at 1.75g (in an SME 3009 arm).

Paul, using an M75E in your Linn LVV arm ought to be OK. The calculated low frequency resonance will lay somewhere between 7.3 to 10.5Hz, dependant upon the quoted compliance being static or dynamic. Vinylengine quotes it as being the dynamic value, but doesn't say at what frequency it is measured.

Even so it ought not to be a problem, unless you have a 'bouncy' sprung suspension TT that is subject to footfalls.
    hi barry
    thanks very much for your help and findings....ive so much to learn here regarding compliance etc.
    at some point i would like to change the arm for something better that will uplift the lenco to another level,but thats a whole nother day can of worms!!
    the gl75 im using is rigidly mounted...so no bouncey suspension here to play me up.
    many thanks again barry.

I'm paul.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    Shure M75 stylus chart
    « on: March 17, 2009, 01:27:06 PM »
    This post is for all people that are still using the 1960's/70's Shure classic in their Lenco's and other TT.
    All M75 body's are inside the same, there's only difference on the outside. First version was a clip in cartridge, second (type 2) has a plastic housing.

There are light, medium and a heavy tracking versions of both the eliptical and the spherical needle.Hypereliptical has two versions. Mono and 78 rpm only one.

N75 HE T2 (light grey) Hypereliptical (0,75-1,5gr)
    N75 E or ED or E T2 (yellow) Eliptical (low 0,75-1,5 gr)
    N75 G or G T2 (dark grey) Spherical (low 0,75-1,5 gr)

N75 HE-J (light grey) Hyperelliptical .2 x 1.5 (medium 1,25-2,5 gr)
    N75 EJ (light green) Eliptical (medium 1,5-3 gr)
    N75 6 or B T2 (beige) Spherical (medium 1,5-3 gr)
    N75-3 (dark green) 78rpm Spherical (medium 1,5-3gr)

N75 C (light blue) Spherical (heavy 3-5gr)
    N75 EC (Brown) Eliptical (heavy 2-4 gr)

N75-1 (dark blue)Mono ?

Any additions? Please let me know! smiley
    hi struth
    thanks for that listing,had seen that awhile back....then totally forgot about it
    ive now made a copy of it to my pc which i shall keep for reference purposes.
    regards
    paul

I'm paul.

Think 1.5gm is its top
    i never tried the m55 cart and stylus i had at such low valves.
    ive now been playing and adjusting it from 1-1.5gm,at present im running it at 1.35gm and im liking what its selling,ive also turned the anti skate to off and that seems to have created no ill effects either.
    thanks for the heads up struth.

regards
    paul

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by smithie View Post
    i never tried the m55 cart and stylus i had at such low valves.
    ive now been playing and adjusting it from 1-1.5gm,at present im running it at 1.35gm and im liking what its selling,ive also turned the anti skate to off and that seems to have created no ill effects either.
    thanks for the heads up struth.

regards
    paul
    m55e does up to 2gm and is best imv near its top
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm paul.

m55e does up to 2gm and is best imv near its top
    well ive been there,now ive been down at the bottom,slowly working my way up.....where it will end up is anybody's guess

I'm Grant.

lol... think i found 1.9gm the best for mine
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast