+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: WANTED: good set of open back headphones, budget £200 any suggestions?

I'm Con.

Default Headphones

Tom ,I got mine 3 weeks ago for $350 Australian dollars brand new in box with warranty ,prices have dropped on the HD/600-hd/650. Look up ADDICTED TO AUDIO .COM.AU. CHEERS.

montesquieu Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Maouna View Post
    Tom ,I got mine 3 weeks ago for $350 Australian dollars brand new in box with warranty ,prices have dropped on the HD/600-hd/650. Look up ADDICTED TO AUDIO .COM.AU. CHEERS.
    Aussie supplier not much use in uk sadly

I'm malcolm.

You should be able to get a really nice pair of used Sennheiser HD600 under £200 - many, including me, prefer them to HD650.
    Audiophile Tosher

montesquieu Guest

Quote Originally Posted by willbewill View Post
    You should be able to get a really nice pair of used Sennheiser HD600 under £200 - many, including me, prefer them to HD650.
    It's a birthday present, so used isn't a brilliant option unless they are genunely mint. Most on ebay at that money aren't in great nick by the looks of them.

I'm Mike.

If you can stretch your budget you could consider these available from Richer Sounds https://www.richersounds.com/showcle...700+(Soc).html (I have no connection with Richer Sounds)

I'm Lawrence.

I sold my HD600's and Denon D2000's when I got my HE400's and 500's. I much prefer the sound of planars over dynamics.

I'm Ash.

Check out the reviews on the Fidelio I mentioned earlier.... Amazon do a 30 day return if they disappoint

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

I'm Ash.

Also these
    Beyerdynamic DT880 PRO Headset - 250 OHM https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B001B1QE..._OHtBzb61TJZ0P

montesquieu Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Ash_R View Post
    Also these
    Beyerdynamic DT880 PRO Headset - 250 OHM https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B001B1QE..._OHtBzb61TJZ0P

Had a good look at both I've been shying away from models without replaceable ear pads or cables as like most teenagers he's a bit careless and also a bit manky at times ... it looks like both suffer from this limitation. It's also been pushing me away from the AKG 701/7002 models which I think are also fixed ear pads.

I'm Ash.

Quote Originally Posted by montesquieu View Post
    Had a good look at both I've been shying away from models without replaceable ear pads or cables as like most teenagers he's a bit careless and also a bit manky at times ... it looks like both suffer from this limitation. It's also been pushing me away from the AKG 701/7002 models which I think are also fixed ear pads.
    The thing about Beyerdynamic is that almost everything IS replaceable Including the earpads. Outfits such as
    Custom Cans do detachable cable modifications... Might take you over your £200 threshold though.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast