+ Reply to Thread

Thread: FS: Technics SL1200mk2 with 2M Red PNP, DL-110, AT95e, 520v3, Res-o-mat, LPs

I'm Andy.

Default FS: Technics SL1200mk2 with 2M Red PNP, DL-110, AT95e, 520v3, Res-o-mat, LPs

I've decided to move entirely to digital (which I will likely regret in a year or two), but for now I'm selling all my vinyl kit and only keeping a few albums that have sentimental value. Everything else is included in this sale and it's a package deal.

It was all bought new by me, except some of the charity shop records... The 1200 needs a bit of a clean but my first attempt at that may have scratched the platter (I'm not sure) and left water rings on the rubber mat, so I stopped. It still needs a bit of a clean therefore, although I've dusted it again since taking the photos (close-ups can be brutal). However it all works perfectly, with perhaps a faint sproing from the tonearm lift when lowering the arm. I had an issue once when attaching the 2M red as the right channel didn't quite connect, but changing the way I held the arm and cartridge allowed me to mount it fine and its not been an issue since (presumably the screws under the arm adjust the connector position but I haven't risked playing with them.

The 2M Red PNP comes with its own headshell and is boxed in the pictures. The AT95e and DL-110 are both mounted on Technics headshells (the Denon also has a headshell weight attached) so I've left them like that to save the buyer mounting them again. The Denon box is included but the AT didn't have one. The Stanton 520v3 isn't attached to anything and I don't have a box for it, but it has an iron girder for a cantilever so its pretty tough.

The Technics rubber mat is included and so is a Res-o-mat, which I prefer. The Res-o-mat has a small amount of spray glue on it from when I was setting up my room treatment but its dry and won't affect anything (see picture).

I'll also include the following albums bought new by me (there's no change to the price if you don't take them):

John Lee Hooker - I'm John Lee Hooker
    Metallica - Master of Puppets
    Eagles - Hotel California (x2, one used, one sealed)
    Depeche Mode - Violator (warped slightly)
    Bowie - Nothing has changed (sealed)
    Led Zeppelin - 2 (sealed)
    ELO - Out of the Blue
    Led Zeppelin - 4
    Michael Jackson - Thriller (with a scratch)
    Pink Floyd - Dark Side of the Moon
    Miles Davis - Soundtrack to 'Lift to the Scaffold'

Plus some charity shop records not worth mentioning if you want them.

I can also include a Cambridge 551P phone stage if you need one, although its not brilliant so I'll just throw it in for free with the rest.

I'm looking for £500 all in, cash on collection only (I don't want to ship a turntable with no box) from Oxford. I'm not planning on splitting this, so it will just go into storage if no-one wants it.

I'm Andy.

Quick change - I'll be keeping the used Eagles record in case I go back to vinyl, but the new one will still be included. No change to the price.

lordmortlock Guest

Afternoon Andy. I've just forwarded this ad to a good friend of mine and he's very interested. I'll pm you his number now.

I'm Andy.

Thanks Jake, that all went very smoothly.

Sold.

lordmortlock Guest

Excellent! Bill will be delighted.

+ Reply to Thread