+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Integrated amps. Nad and Sony.

I'm Michael.

Default Integrated amps. Nad and Sony.

Two amps for sale. Daughters think I have nothing better to do.
    Both in great condition.

First Sony TA FB 740. Has mm phono also and is really a nice amp and well looked after.

Second is a NAD 3130 with very good mm. and mc. phono stage.

Both sound different. The Sony is natural and full, the NAD I'd more punchy with a healthy bass. "Nobody sleeps when I'm on" as my singer friend used to say.
    Again VERY nice condition.

£70 each. Would like to keep one of them with a phono input but not fussed as both are so good.

Also have a Cambridge 640A amp. No phono but lots of inputs. Again condition is at least very good.
    All are heavy so collection would be best.

Attachment 21683
    Last edited by mikegreenwood; 25-10-2017 at 18:37.

I'm Grant.

There you go Mike. Folk can see the pics better
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Michael.

Thanks Grant.

Don't know why my tablet insists on the orientation shown. Haven't used the Nad amp for some time. Pleasantly surprised.
    The Sony is so relaxing though.

I'm Michael.

Just been reading up on the NAD phono input. Has a very good review. Might save a few bob if you were planning to buy a phono stage.

I'm Grant.

Please remember this is a sale ad. I will tidy it up later
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Michael.

Thanks Grant. Takes all kinds. Rgds Mike.

I'm Michael.

Happy for an audition if your local. All nice amps in their own way. Plus very nice cosmetic condition.

I'm Lawrence.

I got hold of one of these Sonys today, it's rather pleasant sounding, and I like the loudness control for low volume. Nice to see a rumble filter as well. Drives my Kef Ref 4.2s surprisingly well at reasonable volume levels.

I'm Michael.

I agree, nice homely sound that is not in anyway fatiguing. Tried this out in the conservatory and was a pleasure. Well made, powerful, nice quality feel to controls.

I'm Michael.

The Sony and Cambridge have remote controls.

+ Reply to Thread