+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Rega tonearm

I'm steven.

Default Rega tonearm

Anyone on here use a zyx cart on a rega rb303 tonearm

I'm Geoff.

Had a couple on an RB300 on a Techie. It was crap. I sighed with relief when I got the Mission 774 back on there.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

Bigman80 Guest

Run from that rega. You deserve better.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

I'm AndyElectroNumpty.

I have a.ZYX on a rega300 . Didn't sound right until I added a 5g Decca weight to it. Sounds good to me now. They like a bit of weight.

I'm steven.

Default Rega tonearm

My mate has a rega rp6 he likes the sound signature of my zyx r100 Yatra so just a tentative enquiry it sounds like a poor match the zyx cart seems to like low mass arms any thoughts on alternative carts for his rb303 he could do low output mc or mm

I'm steven.

Default Rega tonearm

Just to add his rb303 is factory fitted with the rega exact I find it dull bit too laid back,never been a fan of rega carts.

I'm Peter.

Depending on budget, I'd strongly recommend the new Rega Ania. I recently heard it on the current RB330+Planar 3 and was very impressed. Improved further by fitting the rega psu, too. Well impressed with the combo ... lively and musical, not dull in the slightest.

I'm Slav.

RB303 has effective mass of approx. 11.5 gram which is just enough for Zyx carts , bit more weight at the headshell would be beneficial ,though, main disadvantage IMO is lack of azimuth adjustment which disqualifies more advanced stylus cuts .
    I would look at Nagaoka carts (MP110-200), lots of fun and not very fussy when it comes to VTA and HTA.

I'm Dave.

I have used several of the Zyx cartridges on various Rega arms with no problems at all. I did add a bit of extra mass in the headshell to improve the bass but the arms do work well.

Having said that, the new Rega Ania cartridge is superb and good value now that all the Japanese cartridges have increased considerably in price, because of the £ v Yen.

I'm AndyElectroNumpty.

Yes the 5g added made a lot of difference to the bass and overall clarity. It sounded thin before this. It's an affordable stop gap until I get a new arm hehehe.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast