+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I'm an idiot: or always check what you have and are already using before buying new..

I'm Jez.

For me it's usually electronic components... I buy in parts needed for a specific repair job or custom build and then find an unopened bag of identical parts a week later
    Arkless Electronics-Engineered to be better. Tel. 01670 530674 (after 1pm)

Modded Thorens TD150, Audio Technica AT-1005 MkII, Technics EPC-300MC, Arkless Hybrid MC phono stage, Arkless passive pre, Arkless 50WPC Class A SS power amp, (or) Arkless modded Leak Stereo 20, Modded Kef Reference 105/3's
    ReVox PR99, Studer B62, Ferrograph Series 7, Tandberg TCD440, Hitachi FT-5500MkI, also FT-5500MkII
    Digital: Yamaha CDR-HD1500 (Digital Swiss army knife-CD recorder, player, hard drive, DAC and ADC in one), PC files via 24/96 sound card and SPDIF, modded Philips CD850, modded Philips CD104, modded DPA Little Bit DAC. Sennheiser HD580 cans with Arkless Headphone amp.
    Cables- free interconnects that come with CD players, mains leads from B&Q, dead kettles etc, extension leads from Tesco

I'm Geoff.

Me too. Boxes of pots, switches, caps and resistors I keep forgetting I've got. And tools, must have a dozen wire cutters! Oh and rolls of cable.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by griff74 View Post
    Oh god we're talking about vacuum cleaners now!! lol

Oh having matching cable on both speakers does seem to have improved the balance of them.
    Has anyone found changing the mains cable on their vacuum cleaner can improve the performance?
    Barry

I'm Martin.

I was going to fit a 13 amp fuse until I found out it already has a 13 amp fuse. I suppose I could polish it.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    I was going to fit a 13 amp fuse until I found out it already has a 13 amp fuse. I suppose I could polish it.
    Better to replace it with a graphene fuse!
    Barry

I'm Martin.

Or I could replace it with a properly designed vacuum cleaner that is immune to mains effects...
    Current Lash Up:

I'm Geoff.

Or I could replace it with a properly designed vacuum cleaner that is immune to mains effects...
    Take the fuse out. It'll definitely be immune then!
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

Just buy a Miele and throw away that Dyson.
    Barry

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Just buy a Miele and throw away that Dyson.
    Miele? I'm not the bleedin Aga Khan. And if I had that kind of money I wouldn't be squandering it on expensive vacuum cleaners. I'd buy a cheap one and have it gold-plated.
    Current Lash Up:

I'm Martin.

Weve all done that with something in the past Andrew. I dont do it so much now as I know how bad I can be so Ive done a full computer inventory of my cable boxes and drawers.

Infact thinking about it Im even worse. I have some Silver Anniversary Biwire and fitted airlocks that Ive never used. I bought it before even having any biwireable speakers and I dont really want biwireable speakers now. I think I bought it in preparation for some future plans at the time and it wasnt particularly cheap. Very silly when I think about it.

Best wishes

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12