+ Reply to Thread

Thread: In-line switches - good or bad?

I'm Simon.

Default In-line switches - good or bad?

Probably a silly question really but I am curious as to whether using an in-line switch (such as this: http://www.cjemicros.co.uk/micros/in...AR-2_1MUSB-PSW) would cause any issues and/or degrade the power quality getting to my devices?

Reason is that my linear PS has many different outputs (5!) and I'm currently using 3 of them for a RaspberryPi 2, USB hub with HDD's attached and my phono stage. Obviously when turned on, everything boots up. Not so much an issue when using the Rpi as my phono stage has a turn on/off toggle switch but when using the phono only - of course the Rpi and HDD's boot up and it's slightly annoying. Thinking of getting some inline switches for those so I don't have to keep unplugging them before a vinyl session.

RothwellAudio Guest

I wouldn't have any qualms about using one. The people who claim to hear a difference when they change a fuse in a mains plug might think differently.

I'm Simon.

Quote Originally Posted by RothwellAudio View Post
    I wouldn't have any qualms about using one. The people who claim to hear a difference when they change a fuse in a mains plug might think differently.
    Haha, I thought it would be something like that.

+ Reply to Thread