Just got me one of these new-fangled 55'' LG tellys.

Trouble with these things is the sound is crap. 20 watt chip amp through some 'speakers' on the rear panel. Got plenty of stuff lying around idle so I should be able to do a bit better than that.

So 0700 this morning got underway. The wreckage of the old a/v system was dismantled, all muck and dust cleared up and ready for new installation.

Speakers first. Got these Akais which fit nicely either side of the telly:

Note the optical cable currently dangling down in front of the screen. Thought I would take optical feed out of the telly into the DAC in the amp, that way any source selected should automatically feed through its sound to the amp. Rack on the far left ready for amp and source components.

Some time later, managed to get the amp, cable box and a Blu-ray player all hooked up. I was an early adopter of DVD and dolby digital but can't be arsed with multi channel anymore so am using this XTZ 2 channel amp as it has a built in DAC and remote. It just fits in the rack.

Speaker cable is NVA LS5 that was lying about and the speakers are mounted on experimental bubble wrap/cardboard 'sandwiches' to prevent them resonating too much onto the shelf below. Seems to work