Another nosense question
    Yes i do
    because i don not care what people think of me

I'm David.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe View Post
    Is it your birthday?
    No
    Just refuse to have an ability to think of dates as having significance
    Flanders are just related to how menu time this and that spin around that and this etc
    and i believe the moments or moments or momentums are more important

I'm Geoff.

I like dates. Eat a few every day.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm David.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    I like dates. Eat a few every day.
    Should help keep you regular

I'm joe.

http://newsthump.com/2017/07/16/fict...insist-morons/

Travelling through space and time in a police box requires a penis, according to several Internet morons this evening.

As Jodie Whittaker was confirmed as the new Doctor, lots of angry idiots insisted that the genitals of the Doctor play an essential role in the universe in which he resides.

Fan of made up science fiction television stories, Simon Williams, told us,”Yes I am angry about Jodie Whittaker being made the next Doctor.

“But I’m also angry that they have made me so angry about the lack of a penis in a TV show – which sounds extremely weird when I say it like that.

“But it’s not weird, it’s normal. Yes it is, shut up.

“Just because Gallifrey doesn’t actually exist and time travel isn’t really possible, doesn’t mean the writers can just go around making stuff up about the people they’ve made up.”

“Actually, that’s literally what we can do,” explained one of the show’s writers.

“The Doctor has a long history of not using his penis to resolve issues across time and space, and we’re confident that Jodie Whittaker will have no issues in continuing that fine tradition.”

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe View Post
    My view is that Dr Who is a children's programme, so I don't give a monkey's who they cast in the title role.
    Yes, but it was once a children's programme that also appealed to adults, simply because it was produced in a more 'adult' way (and it was genuinely scary, through the eerie and dark atmosphere the stories created). Watch a Dr Who episode from the 70s/early 80s and it's a totally different beast.

These days it's more like a Harry Potter fantasy adventure (too much focus on special effects and not enough on quality acting or story lines), than a sci-fi series, with its child-like production, immature content and a propensity to pander to political correctness (hence the introduction now of a female doctor) - I'm surprised she's not also black!

Not that I have any problem with black people, but if they're going to play the political correctness card, they may as well go the whole hog!!

Bollox to it.

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Quote Originally Posted by Werner Berghofer View Post
    Marco,I scored 27 in the Option 1 test:

26–31 gives a borderline indication of an autism spectrum disorder. It is also possible to have aspergers or mild autism within this range.

Maybe because English is not my native language? ;-)
    Hi Werner,

Not sure. Are there such tests available in German? If so, take one and report back!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

Location: A Strangely Isolated Place in Suffolk with Far Away Trains Passing By...

I'm David.

Doctor Who was never intended originally as 'just' a children's programme you know. I seem to recall it was funded by the main BBC Drama wing rather than 'Children's TV.' In the 60's, the companions were chosen to keep Mum and Dad involved as well (oh I dunno, Polly, Jamie, Zoe and 'leather lungs' Victoria) and the first two, Ian and Barbara, were kind-of links to the teachers little ones like me had back then with granddaughter Susan more like us. The Dalek's Masterplan as an example was written so well and listening to the audio's now, with memories of its first broadcast and strong memories of the ageing and death of Sara Kingdom, her body becoming a skeleton and crumbling to dust, still sends shivers down my spine as it was a bold thing to show to a young audience (I was nine!). Sarah Jane was probably the best loved of all the companions as she was one of the few able to keep Pertwee's and Baker's on-screen ego's in check I thought. By this time, the small Hartnell loving kids had grown into teenagers, so the likes of Jo Grant* and Sarah Jane were perfect for hormonal teenage boys to lust after I thought - they were great actresses too in their own way and deserving of our fondness now (*batty but lovable actress Katy Manning was brilliant in recent times in the 'Who related Iris Wildthyme audios...).

Sorry for the thread drift. Doctor Who seemed to have the ability to get kids hooked over it's long life and many of these kids stayed with it as they grew up. Some scripts were childish to a degree, but others definitely had more mature themes with thinking about. My eighteen year old son began early the same - he was six in 2005 when the show was re-launched, although he went off the show in the Tennant era, but has all the season DVD's and has watched them since broadcast, tackling me about stories I soon forgot... We watched this last season with increasing disbelief, fervently wishing Capaldi had better scripts and that 'Bill' hadn't kept going on about being a lesbian every episode....

Yeah, we 'Aspies' do like our set routines and when they change, it throws us big-time. Interesting thing, life. Throws up all sorts...
    Tear down these walls; Cut the ties that held me
    Crying out at the top of my voice; Tell me now if you can hear me

I'm joe.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Yes, but it was once a children's programme that also appealed to some adults, simply because it was produced in a more 'adult' way (and it was genuinely scary, through the eerie and dark atmosphere the stories created). Watch a Dr Who episode from the 70s/early 80s and it's a totally different beast.
    So it's a children's programme that's been crap for over 30 years in your opinion. As long as its current audience is happy with it, I don't see the problem. I know that some people get hung up over which version of Star Trek is best, or pine for Blake's Seven, UFO, Captain Scarlet or other sci-fi programmes they recall from their childhood. It just seems odd to me, like worrying about who presents Blue Peter (a quick check reveals that they are currently a woman, a black bloke, and a white bloke with a stupid hairstyle).

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast