+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Salutations from Toronto

I'm Serf.

Default Salutations from Toronto

Hi all....I love this forum and its community! The plethora of knowledge and comradery is inspiring to participate in the discussions.

I've been using my Technics 1200 tables professionally for over 30 years. The tables will be part of my HI-FI system.

I'm in the process of 'sprucing' them up updating the tonearm, Cardas Litz Cable wires, and give the plinth a new coat of paint. I'm seriously considering going with an outboard Power Supply Unit and fluid damper injection.

The 12's will be complimenting my current system comprised of the following:

Bryston 4B3
    Bryston Model T signature speakers
    Simaudio MOON NEO Preamp
    OPPO UDP-205 for DAC
    Rotel RQ-970BX Phono Preamp
    AT-AL150 Cartidge

Will the potential updates make an audible difference to an already decent sounding table or am I looking at a marginal utility from the upgrade or simply diminished benefits? I don't mind taking on a DIY for the PSU task. Can someone point me in the direction of parts and instructions and I will be happy to start on this project.
    TIA! Serf

I'm Phil.

welcome , great to have you . i never cease to be amazed at the amazing speakers canada produces
    ou might slip, you might slide, you might
    Stumble and fall by the road side
    But don't you ever let nobody drag your spirit down
    Remember you're walking up to heaven

Don't let nobody turn you around
    … Walk with the rich, walk with the poor
    Learn from everyone, that's what life is for
    And don't you let nobody drag your spirit down

Eric Bibb

I'm Geoff.

Hello Serf. Welcome to AOS.

I take it you've seen the Techiepedia sub forum in the Analogue Art section? http://theartofsound.net/forum/forum...he-Techiepedia

You'll find answers to just about any Techie questions there. Feel free to join in and chat or contribute a thread of your own.

Enjoy the forum,
    Geoff.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Serf.

Thanks Tact. I do now.
    Best. Serf

I'm Anthony.

Hi and welcome.
    Our education is wrong, it takes no note of the subtleties of human nature, it places more importance on the memory of an individual than how memorable an individual is. Bernard Sumner 1995

+ Reply to Thread