I've won a nice Marconi Instruments signal generator on the bay but hadn't realised until afterwards that it was "collect in person only" No wonder I got it so cheap!

I've tried asking the seller if he will post it anyway and he's umming and ahhing about but hasn't said point blank no... or a definite yes.... I am also a bit worried that if he does say yes to posting it then it will be his choice of courier and for something this heavy I guess a budget courier, 2nd class etc may be only £20 or so... but if he goes for Parcelforce or similar then it could be £50+ for carriage...that's too rich for me but I would be in no position to argue...

The instrument is heavy at 40 lbs and of course being valved is pretty fragile. It will be about the same size as a box of wine I believe.

So.... is there anyone close by to NW3 (Camden Town, Belsize Park area I believe) who would be willing to collect it on my behalf and pack it well in readiness for a courier I would book from this end to collect it?
It's "a big ask" as I know from personal experience of packing heavy amplifiers etc that both finding suitable packing materials and then doing the actual packing to a decent standard could take an hour or mores effort!