+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Spotify & Squeezebox

I'm Gareth.

Chromecast Audio doesn't do gapless if that's important to you. For the money plus a couple of tweaks (linear PSU & iFi SPDIF iPurifier) it's not half bad, but the lack of gapless playback can be irritating on some occasions.

I'm Will.

Quote Originally Posted by Getgaff View Post
    Chromecast Audio doesn't do gapless if that's important to you. For the money plus a couple of tweaks (linear PSU & iFi SPDIF iPurifier) it's not half bad, but the lack of gapless playback can be irritating on some occasions.
    ...despite 'gapless playback' being a spotify settings option...

I presumed the issue was restricted to a few albums, if chromecast can't do gapless then it's time for LMS/Spotty...

EDIT;

WOW I'm glad I tried out Spotty with LMS, TBH it's the first time I've used Spotify with LMS at all...

Rpi3/LMS 7.9/Spotty Plugin/SBTouch (EDO)/iFi USB gubbins/MDAC L2 Toy

...the integration with LMS/SBTouch is a vast improvement over the Chromecast alternative...and it's gapless!!!

Cheers for the link Chris!!!
    Last edited by WAD62; 14-07-2017 at 09:26.
    Cheers, Will

Default touch apps

Can anyone tell me where I can find the Spotty app on my Touch,I have looked but cannot see it.
    Please be gentle I am not a computer expert I just want the info in easy steps

Thanks in advance
    Clive

I'm AMusicFanNotAnAudiophile.

Quote Originally Posted by clive7164 View Post
    Can anyone tell me where I can find the Spotty app on my Touch,I have looked but cannot see it.
    Please be gentle I am not a computer expert I just want the info in easy steps

Thanks in advance
    Clive
    It's not on the Touch.
    Chris

Common sense isn't anymore!

Thanks for that,so the touch is now useless for my spotify accont I take it.
    looks like im on the hunt for a new player then

Clive

To run the Spotty app you need to have a n other device on your network performing server duties, which is something long time Squeezebox users (ie pre Touch) have been doing anyway, because everything works reliably and much betterer that way.
    Mine currently runs on a Zyxel NSA310, which I've found out is not capable of supporting the Spotty app either, because it has an ARM processor at its heart.
    Consequently I've been pursuing other methods of getting the Spotty thing to work - I currently have a Windoze machine running server, and it works fine.
    The Spotty app can also run on LMS being run by a RasPi computer, so I will be going this route in the not too far off.

You have mentioned that your not particularly IT literate, so are you selling your player, and how much?
    Chris

Thanks for the information,I have asked my son in law,who works in IT to look into it for me. He says it should be easy to work around even if I have to run a nas with the neccesary programme on it,will wait and see.

Clive

Just be wary of the NAS - ARM processors just don't do Spotty (because they can't run the relevant script), and you'd need to be happy playing with Linux to install the LMS package, as many NAS makers have stopped supporting LMS because of an exploitable Samber security shortcoming.
    A RasPi can be set up with PiCorePlayer, and LMS run from there.
    Chris

I'm Dave.

I must say I'm lost with all this technical talk. I love my Touch for the sheer simplicity. ie turn on, play. Simples!

I like everything really. From the britpop bands like UB40 right back to classic rock, like Wings. They're only the band the Beatles could have been.

I'm Gareth.

Quote Originally Posted by WAD62 View Post
    EDIT;
    WOW I'm glad I tried out Spotty with LMS, TBH it's the first time I've used Spotify with LMS at all...
    Rpi3/LMS 7.9/Spotty Plugin/SBTouch (EDO)/iFi USB gubbins/MDAC L2 Toy
    ...the integration with LMS/SBTouch is a vast improvement over the Chromecast alternative...and it's gapless!!!
    Cheers for the link Chris!!!
    Installed Spotty yesterday morning; took less than 5 minutes to get up and running...

RPi3/Max2Play/LMS with Spotty plugin > Transporter > Caiman SEG/Auralic Altair/Jolida Glass FX DAC III (can't have too many DACs ). Very happy as I'd recently re-acquired a Transporter.
    Just need to work on a small problem: Spotty will pause occasionally playing through the 'Top Tracks' playlist, not sure why yet.
    I've also made a small donation to Michael Herger as a token as my appreciation.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast