+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Spotify & Squeezebox

I'm Grant.

how do you use an rpi with roon. does it have an image of its own?
    Regards,
    Grant ....

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    DENON DV2900 - TWIN PRO MONOBLOCK AMPLIFIERS - XIANG SHENG DAC\PRE\HEADPHONE AMP - AVANTREE OASIS CLASS 1 BLUETOOTH - AUDIO TECHNICA ATH-MSR7 & OPPO PM-3 PLANAR HEADPHONES - WIN10 JRIVER23, SPOTIFY PREMIUM - ECHO DOT - SMSL M6 MINIDAC - FULL RANGE TWIN TELEFUNKEN's - Q ACOUSTIC BT3 actives - CANTON SUB - MAINS REGENERATED AND FILTERED.

I'm AMusicFanNotAnAudiophile.

Chris

Once we've made sense of our world, we wanna go fuck up everybody else's because his or her truth doesn't match mine. But this is the problem. Truth is individual calculation. Which means because we all have different perspectives, there isn't one singular truth, is there?

The thing that has impressed me the most with running LMS on a RasPi is the response time when using the search facility to scour my local file library..
    I rarely used it, because it was slow and laggy, no matter which platform I set the server up on.
    Now it is quicker than a very, very, very quick thing, and it just makes life easier when I know what I want to play - it saves having to search through a nested file structure.

It's proper progress, and very welcome at that
    Chris

Once we've made sense of our world, we wanna go fuck up everybody else's because his or her truth doesn't match mine. But this is the problem. Truth is individual calculation. Which means because we all have different perspectives, there isn't one singular truth, is there?

I'm Will.

Quote Originally Posted by Stratmangler View Post
    The thing that has impressed me the most with running LMS on a RasPi is the response time when using the search facility to scour my local file library..
    I rarely used it, because it was slow and laggy, no matter which platform I set the server up on.
    Now it is quicker than a very, very, very quick thing, and it just makes life easier when I know what I want to play - it saves having to search through a nested file structure.

It's proper progress, and very welcome at that
    When running LMS on my old QNAP I had to pause everything before a library re-scan, now I can re-index whilst streaming to 4 parallel players without any impact at all, and a full rebuild of 3K cds takes 35mins...not bad for £29...

As for Spotify I wouldn't be using it now without the LMS 'Spotty' plugin, I'd originally been using a CCA with the Spotify app...not for me, too track centric for my listening habits, however with LMS/Spotty everything is integrated at the same playlist, Spotty is just another library, and it's gapless...so cheers for the nod!
    Last edited by WAD62; 15-10-2017 at 14:51.
    Cheers, Will

Quote Originally Posted by WAD62 View Post
    When running LMS on my old QNAP I had to pause everything before a library re-scan, now I can re-index whilst streaming to 4 parallel players without any impact at all, and a full rebuild of 3K cds takes 35mins...not bad for £29...

As for Spotify I wouldn't be using it now without the LMS 'Spotty' plugin, I'd originally been using a CCA with the Spotify app...not for me, too track centric for my listening habits, however with LMS/Spotty everything is integrated at the same playlist, Spotty is just another library, and it's gapless...so cheers for the nod!
    I'm more than happy having paid around £48 for my Pi. I did get a complete starter pack, so Pi, PSU, SD card and case came in the one package.

The strength of doing things with the Squeezebox ecosystem is the sheer flexibility of it.
    I was using the then working Spotify app from the remote MSq server, and then Spotify decide to change their service provision.
    Thankfully Michael Herger had been given the nod with respect to the service changes, and had the problem well in hand by the time the deadline came up.

The gapless thing is something I take for granted.
    LMS (and its predecessor) and Squeezebox have always done it.
    It's not an issue, until the point where you hear gaps where tracks should segue seamlessly, one into the other, and then it's the most annoying thing on the planet.
    I have only ever heard those gaps when listening to other players.
    Chris

I'm Gareth.

Spotify Connect is in development. Tried this during the week and while itís not perfect (just yet), it is a big, big step forward:

http://forums.slimdevices.com/showth...onnect-support!

FWIW I really like the Spotify IOS app, so the chance to use Connect with my Transporter is very welcome. Will play some more over the weekend.

I'm Simon.

Hopefully they'll add Windows support soon.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    Source: Thorens TD124 Rega RB300, Sumiko bluepoint No2., Cambridge Audio D500 Special Edition CDP, Squeeze box Touch, PC with Trends Audio USB Audio DAC UD-10 Amplification: Croft Micro 25 basic pre, Leak Stereo 20, Trends Audio Class T TA-10, Fisher X100-A Speakers:Impulse H6 Interconnects: Handmade silver and TNT audio CAT5 speaker cables

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678