+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Spotify & Squeezebox

I'm John.

Quote Originally Posted by Clothears View Post
    I must say I'm lost with all this technical talk. I love my Touch for the sheer simplicity. ie turn on, play. Simples!

Dave, if you/your son-in-law finds a solution please share it -I'm totally stuffed as far as technical instructions go though.

John
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Technics 1210/Mike New Bearing/Jelco SA750d/Goldring 2500/Paul Hynes SR5 21/27.
    Cambridge Audio 840c CD. Squeezebox Touch. Synology NAS.
    Teac A-3440.
    Beresford Bushmaster.
    Quad II monoblocks....Quad 44/405.....Croft Micro.....Cambridge Audio 840.
    Celestion Ditton 66.....KEF Reference One

I'm Will.

Quote Originally Posted by Getgaff View Post
    I've also made a small donation to Michael Herger as a token as my appreciation.
    ...likewise
    Cheers, Will

I'm Geoff.

Using spotty on an SBT. A doddle to install and use.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
    Main system: Sony TTS8000; AT1010; Audio Technica Art1; The Lentek; Cambridge 851n, Yamaha NS1000.
    System 2 - SBT; Technics SH-X1000 DAC; Denon PMA-850

I'm Paul.

Quote Originally Posted by oldius View Post
    Using spotty on an SBT. A doddle to install and use.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
    Do you just install it in LMS?
    SBT/Chromecast/TEAC T1 into TEAC D-T1 DAC or olde-worlde Rega Planar 2 controlled by Rotel RC850 into HH S500D or DACT Passive Pre into Mullard 5-20 monos. Then into Tannoy Cheviots and a Wharfdale sub. All connected by colourful cables.

I'm Geoff.

Yes. 3rd party app. Get rid of your original Spotify app and then select the Spotty plugin.
    Main system: Sony TTS8000; AT1010; Audio Technica Art1; The Lentek; Cambridge 851n, Yamaha NS1000.
    System 2 - SBT; Technics SH-X1000 DAC; Denon PMA-850

I'm John.

Quote Originally Posted by pgarrish View Post
    Do you just install it in LMS?
    What's LMS pls?
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Teac A-3440.
    Beresford Bushmaster.

I'm Paul.

Logitech media server. The bit of software you run on the pc/mac (or pi or nas) that manages your music and slings it to your squezebox
    SBT/Chromecast/TEAC T1 into TEAC D-T1 DAC or olde-worlde Rega Planar 2 controlled by Rotel RC850 into HH S500D or DACT Passive Pre into Mullard 5-20 monos. Then into Tannoy Cheviots and a Wharfdale sub. All connected by colourful cables.

I'm John.

Quote Originally Posted by pgarrish View Post
    Logitech media server. The bit of software you run on the pc/mac (or pi or nas) that manages your music and slings it to your squezebox
    Thanks Paul
    Teac A-3440.
    Beresford Bushmaster.

I'm Dave.

Is there "An idiots guide to installing and using Spotty" by any chance anywhere? I can't work it all out. I've got LMS set up on my laptop and when I click on Open Control Panel I get a message in red saying "I dont have privileges etc. and I need to click Run As Administrator" . I do this, the message disappears but then LMS is saying "No player detected". I must admit I'm baffled by it all.
    I like everything really. From the britpop bands like UB40 right back to classic rock, like Wings. They're only the band the Beatles could have been.

I'm AMusicFanNotAnAudiophile.

Quote Originally Posted by Clothears View Post
    Is there "An idiots guide to installing and using Spotty" by any chance anywhere? I can't work it all out. I've got LMS set up on my laptop and when I click on Open Control Panel I get a message in red saying "I dont have privileges etc. and I need to click Run As Administrator" . I do this, the message disappears but then LMS is saying "No player detected". I must admit I'm baffled by it all.
    No player detected indicates that your player is not connected to LMS on your laptop.
    Go to the player and direct it to LMS running on your laptop.
    You need to go to My Music/Switch Server, and connect the player to the server on your laptop.

The Spotty stuff is accessed via the web controller, which you can access from a right click on the running LMS on your laptop, or you can enter the IP address of your laptop, followed by :9000, so it would read something like 192.168.0.2:9000 .
    You then click on Settings (bottom right of the screen), and another tab opens up. Click on the plugins tab and rummage around there - the Spotty app should already be there, you just need to find it.

You might as well switch off the Spotify apps, because they won't work, and there's no point in having them there.
    Chris

Common sense isn't anymore!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast