+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Spotify & Squeezebox

I'm Dave.

Cheers Chris,

I think I've finally got my head around it. Currently listening to a Govt Mule album on Spotify Premium via Spotty. Good stuff, many thanks.

I like everything really. From the britpop bands like UB40 right back to classic rock, like Wings. They're only the band the Beatles could have been.

I'm AMusicFanNotAnAudiophile.

Quote Originally Posted by Clothears View Post
    Cheers Chris,

I think I've finally got my head around it. Currently listening to a Govt Mule album on Spotify Premium via Spotty. Good stuff, many thanks.

You're welcome Dave.
    You're back up and running, which is all that matters.

There's always been an issue with Squeezebox Touch use, and this is users knowing which server they're on.
    Originally the Squeezebox devices were dependent on running on a computer or NAS running a server program, and the devices had to be pointed at it. You knew where your server was.
    Then Logitech brought out the Squeezebox Touch.
    Your server could be one of 3 (the embedded TinySC, www.mysqueezebox.com, and good old fashioned LMS), and if you're not au fait with knowing which server you're on, or how to switch between them, then life gets a little bit more difficult.

Just to add to the confusion, TinySC announces itself as Logitech Media Server, which causes all sorts of problems (doesn't it Craig/Icehockeyboy?).

Spotify changing their delivery method also highlights an upcoming issue with www.mysqueezebox.com, which is that one day Logitech will pull the plug, and that server will not longer be available, so another raft of users become disenchanted and alienated.

The only thing that's likely to outlive the lot is LMS, because it's not developed or owned by Logitech, even though it has Logitech in the name.
    Logitech might protest at the use of the name Logitech (which they do own), so a renaming will be in order, and quite likely back to Squeezecenter.
    Chris

Common sense isn't anymore!

I'm Rich.

I'm sorry to be a bit dim, but is there anyway to run spotify on a SBT without the use of a second device? I only use my SBT for spotify and internet radio, I don't have a laptop or NAS on the system and don't really want to add one.

Am I doomed?

Clearaudio Emotion with Clearaudio Performer cart
    Copland CDA 266
    Copland CSA 28
    Squeezebox Touch
    Impulse Lali
    Van Damme I/Cs and cables

I'm Paul.

Quote Originally Posted by stairpost View Post
    I'm sorry to be a bit dim, but is there anyway to run spotify on a SBT without the use of a second device? I only use my SBT for spotify and internet radio, I don't have a laptop or NAS on the system and don't really want to add one.

Am I doomed?
    It sounds like you'll struggle as Spotty runs on the LMS server software, not on the SBT itself. If all you do is spotify and radio, I'd say flog the SBT whilst it's still worth a quid, buy the ubiquitous Chromecast audio and get used to spotify and radio via the phone or a cheap Android tablet.

I'm Rich.

Quote Originally Posted by pgarrish View Post
    It sounds like you'll struggle as Spotty runs on the LMS server software, not on the SBT itself. If all you do is spotify and radio, I'd say flog the SBT whilst it's still worth a quid, buy the ubiquitous Chromecast audio and get used to spotify and radio via the phone or a cheap Android tablet.
    I've just had a look at how Chromecast audio works, and I hate to say it but I think you might be right. It's got optical out and it looks like a doddle to play spotify from a tablet through it.

Cheers.

Copland CDA 266
    Copland CSA 28
    Squeezebox Touch
    Impulse Lali

I'm Grant.

it is.. ive got 2
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Rich.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    it is.. ive got 2
    It's pretty cheap too for what it is isn't it?

I have a pretty ancient motorola xoom tablet that I use just for listening to stuff on youtube in bed, I shall see if that will run spotify, if it does, I'm sorted

Copland CDA 266
    Copland CSA 28
    Squeezebox Touch
    Impulse Lali

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by stairpost View Post
    It's pretty cheap too for what it is isn't it?

I have a pretty ancient motorola xoom tablet that I use just for listening to stuff on youtube in bed, I shall see if that will run spotify, if it does, I'm sorted
    its got a better than price suggests dac in, and i used to run headphones straight from it. worked a charm. you even get the 5 v psu with it and a small connecting cable. i prefer using a battery supply but its not ness
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Rich.

Spotify successfully running on my old tablet, I'll try to get into town over the weekend to pick up a chromecast audio, I went onto amazon to pick one up as we have prime, but that was a surprise I wasn't expecting.

Copland CDA 266
    Copland CSA 28
    Squeezebox Touch
    Impulse Lali

I'm Rich.

Spotify successfully running on my old tablet, I'll try to get into town over the weekend to pick up a chromecast audio, I went onto amazon to pick one up as we have prime, but that was a surprise I wasn't expecting.

Copland CDA 266
    Copland CSA 28
    Squeezebox Touch
    Impulse Lali

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast