Hi All

I've been inspired by a hifi friend of mine (Dave) to start my first "own build" hifi. Unlike me, he has been building his own speakers and turntables since he was 16 and is now an old hand. He's given me some pointers, but his plans and tech specs are too advanced for me.

I'm looking to build my own open baffle speakers with the help of 3 other hifi friends. All are called Dave (yes, it gets very confusing when 4 of your closest hifi pals are all called Dave) and all 3 are in the hifi/music business. None of us though have experience of building speakers. One is a guitarist in a band and repairs guitars, the second fixes amplifiers, turntables and CD players and the third fixes keyboards. I break things more often than fixing them so they will be doing most of the work.

So, there's our background and we motley crew are, at my instigation, tooled up to build our (I mean mine) first set of speakers and I have chosen to go down the open baffle route.

Do any AoS members have experience of building their own open baffles from scratch? I'm not looking to buy a kit and put it together - that's for wimps.

Any plans, pointers, useful websites to get data points/tech information and recommendations for woofers and tweeters would be gratefully received. I've seen a useful article on the Enjoy the Music website, but it does not have any pictures or plans and also some other articles - 6 Moons etc. I would like to start with a relatively simple and straightforward design please....I'm not up for trying to turn an abandoned old rowing boat into OBs.

Thanks in advance for any help anyone can give me.