+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: My summer on the North Sea coast (Schleswig-Holstein, Germany)

I'm Werner.

Simon,
    Quote Originally Posted by cuddles View Post
    Did you visit the Elbphilharmonie Werner?
    the last few hours before my journey back to Austria I spent a few hours walking and cycling around in Hamburg. It’s a wonderful city. The latest photos can be viewed here:

https://www.icloud.com/sharedalbum/#B0g5qXGF1GUZtdG
    Mac OS X iTunes → Schiit Bifrost DAC → Yamaha AX-592 → Triangle Zays XS Grand Angle | AKG K712 Pro headphones | my last.fm profile

I'm Martin.

Sehr schön ! Ich habe 2002 eine Wochenende auf Amrum verbracht (leider keine Fotos). Die Nordseeküste und die Inseln von Deutschland sind sehr schön im Sommer aber etwas aufregend im Winter!

I'm Werner.

Martin,
    Quote Originally Posted by eisenach View Post
    Die Nordseeküste und die Inseln von Deutschland sind sehr schön im Sommer aber etwas aufregend im Winter!
    very true! Wintertime here is hard to bear: Gray cloudy sky, with a lot of rain and really strong storms.

Werner
    Mac OS X iTunes → Schiit Bifrost DAC → Yamaha AX-592 → Triangle Zays XS Grand Angle | AKG K712 Pro headphones | my last.fm profile

I'm Svend.

Werner, I looked through your photos with great interest. You see, my grandfather was born and raised in Eckernförde, and his forefathers were all from Schleswig-Holstein. My Father was born in Blekede...not S-H but on the Elbe anyway. I still have relations in Kiel. Your photos brought back many memories of visiting them all in the area. Nord-Ostsee Kanal, Kiel und Laboe, Sylt, die Nordsee Küste und Wattenmeer. Wonderful places.

Thank you for sharing that. Great photos! Really took me back to my roots.

Best regards,
    Svend

I'm Werner.

Svend,
    Quote Originally Posted by Svend N View Post
    Thank you for sharing that. Great photos! Really took me back to my roots.
    thank you for your comment. I’m happy and honoured to read that my pictures touched ans moved you. After all, that’s one of the best things in publishing personal impressions and memories: Make others aware that everything and everybody is related and connected.

Werner

I'm Svend.

Quote Originally Posted by Werner Berghofer View Post
    Svend,thank you for your comment. I’m happy and honoured to read that my pictures touched ans moved you. After all, that’s one of the best things in publishing personal impressions and memories: Make others aware that everything and everybody is related and connected.

Werner
    So true Werner. I hope to visit there again soon. As mentioned, I still have relatives in Kiel area (Altenholtz and Ottendorf), and am long overdue for another visit. Looking forward to touring around there again.

Best regards,
    Svend

I'm Werner.

Svend,
    Quote Originally Posted by Svend N View Post
    As mentioned, I still have relatives in Kiel area (Altenholtz and Ottendorf), and am long overdue for another visit. Looking forward to touring around there again.
    Kiel is a wonderful city with a long, interesting tradition of seafaring, marine and maritime technology and architecture. Having relatives in this area shall make your visit even more important and gratifying.

I look forward seeing part of my family living in the easternmost province of Austria near the hungarian border, maybe next spring or autumn.

Best regards,

Werner.

I'm Timothy.

Werner, wonderful photos, thanks for sharing them with us. Looking at them almost made me feel as if I was along for the ride! Be well!

Tim
    Holbo TT-Nag 110-Croft phono/Innuos Zen MK2/LinnenberG Telemann DAC-Preamp/LinnenberG Allegro monoblocs/Duevel Venus/LinnenberG Maestro SE-Senn. 660S DH Labs cabling

Croft Series 7 amps, WLM La Scala, Naim Uniti1, Naim Nait XS3, Naim ND5XS2, Guru Junior

I'm Phil.

yes thanks for pics , i was just near nuremberg staying in scheinfeld and my first trip to germany and what an amazing time . no speedbumps !!! no litter i could see and so clean , oh my gosh what a contrast to my area with rubbish lining the pavements [ and i mean that ..its appalling sometimes ] took a little pic of rothenburg as well as many others .

P1060051 by , on Flickr

bought some lovely german bratwurst sausages in tesco yersterday !!!
    ou might slip, you might slide, you might
    Stumble and fall by the road side
    But don't you ever let nobody drag your spirit down
    Remember you're walking up to heaven

Don't let nobody turn you around
    … Walk with the rich, walk with the poor
    Learn from everyone, that's what life is for
    And don't you let nobody drag your spirit down

Eric Bibb

I'm Werner.

Phil,
    Quote Originally Posted by hifinutt View Post
    took a little pic of rothenburg as well as many others
    congratulations, Rothenburg ob der Tauber is a beautiful, picturesque and romantic old town. Landscape, culture and food of Bavaria, the German state where Nuremberg (Nürnberg) is located, are very similar to Austria. Schleswig-Holstein near the Danish border, the northernmost state of Germany in which I live, is quite different from the Bavarian/Austrian culture.

I’m glad you enjoyed your trip to Germany. It’s an interesting, really big country.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast