+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Problem with source direct

I'm Mark.

Thanks again for all the useful info ..... it's academic now as I have returned the amp , seller was a perfect gentleman who wasn't aware of the problem.

I'm Martin.

Hi

I have a 7200 and I dont push it too hard as I know its not going to be an easy or cheap repair in there. Looking through the grill and internet pictures show there is everything but the kitchen sink inside it.

I fail to see how its anything like as good as a simple straight path amp and there are countless components in there. Ive never seen so many capacitors in an amplifier.

I paid £200 for it new which is a bargain buy. Its not an amp I would be comfortable buying used and I even think people like Arkless would think what the hell is going on in here with all these boards...Only joking.

I see quite a few that need repairing now. I tend to think I will get use of it until it packs up. It sounds alright when warmed up. The class A switch doesnt make a massive amount of difference but subtle differences are there...certainly heats the room on a winters day .

I'm James.

I realise this is academic now but you did have the 'Links' in place for the 'Processor' ?

Without these I would assume no sound would be produced unless in Source Direct Mode.

Jim.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12