+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Living Voice alternatives

I'm Richard.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    If you need modern looking speaker with a character that won't be too far removed from Living Voice, I guess you could look a Zingali models, they have a certain vitality.
    Cheers Again Geoff, I do like the Zingalis but when I heard a pair a few years back (standmount, can't remember which model, I think it was the overture 2) they were very refined but maybe a bit polite. Maybe worthwhile taking a look at the bigger models.

I'm Guy.

I do have an interest as the importer but I'd recommend that you try to hear some Heco Direkts. With a sensitivity of 95 dB/W and presenting a benign load they can work very well with low powered, high quality amplifiers.

I'm Richard.

Quote Originally Posted by pure sound View Post
    I do have an interest as the importer but I'd recommend that you try to hear some Heco Direkts. With a sensitivity of 95 dB/W and presenting a benign load they can work very well with low powered, high quality amplifiers.
    Thanks Guy. I am interested in these as they were also suggested on the Wam thread. Power shouldn't be a problem as I currently use Graaf mono's giving approx 40w per channel. Maybe too much? Could you advise? Cheers

I'm Guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny nocash View Post
    Thanks Guy. I am interested in these as they were also suggested on the Wam thread. Power shouldn't be a problem as I currently use Graaf mono's giving approx 40w per channel. Maybe too much? Could you advise? Cheers
    Ought to be fine, it's more about quality & than quantity & the Graaf stuff usually sounds pretty good. Whereabouts are you?

I'm Richard.

Quote Originally Posted by pure sound View Post
    Ought to be fine, it's more about quality & than quantity & the Graaf stuff usually sounds pretty good. Whereabouts are you?
    Thanks Guy & for the PM as well. I'm in Muswell Hill, north London.

I'm Phil.

please richard , pop up to brum and listen to some verity audio speakers , they would definately be LV alternatives . they are not hugely common but they are in the same ilk . not quite as sensitive but i have had a few amps on them with good results leben 30w and grandinote 37 w

https://youtu.be/_K-zB1Lq3Tk
    ou might slip, you might slide, you might
    Stumble and fall by the road side
    But don't you ever let nobody drag your spirit down
    Remember you're walking up to heaven

Don't let nobody turn you around
    … Walk with the rich, walk with the poor
    Learn from everyone, that's what life is for
    And don't you let nobody drag your spirit down

Eric Bibb

I'm Matthew.

When I moved house, I brought my living voice with me and my room went from circa 30 cubic metres to a larger one at about the times that volume. The living voice were lost in there.

I moved to some cadence amaya, which are far, far better imo. 91db, but quite rare and a visually acquired taste! Apart from the amaya, the smaller anina is excellent too.

If you fancy something visually similar to living voice, then the Devore range is superb. Again, though, quite rarely seen.

I'm David.

Default Lvs

I was in the same boat having LVs for 10 plus years and whilst having a fair few guest speakers i always returned to the LVs. I did however find that some horn designs i tried gave a very nice more live and real presentation than the LVs but usually with some trade off somewhere along the line. Impulse H2s were nice but could sound a tad ragged at times. Anyhoo long story demoed a pair of Avantgarde Horns and that was it for me. They did all the nice things the LVs did and then some especially in the Dynamics department. I am using them in a not so big room but they seem tolerant. Highly sensitive to associated equipment. They are also highly tweakable.

A definite step up from the LVs IMHO

I'm Richard.

Quote Originally Posted by eddieedwards View Post
    When I moved house, I brought my living voice with me and my room went from circa 30 cubic metres to a larger one at about the times that volume. The living voice were lost in there.

I moved to some cadence amaya, which are far, far better imo. 91db, but quite rare and a visually acquired taste! Apart from the amaya, the smaller anina is excellent too.

If you fancy something visually similar to living voice, then the Devore range is superb. Again, though, quite rarely seen.
    Thanks Matthew, my listening room is about 48 cubic metres & the LV's are about right in it. Just looking for a tad more openness in the treble & hopefully a bit larger sound stage. I saw your Amayas, they are intriguing, but the aesthetics are indeed a taste thing. GLWS. I had looked Fidelity Gibbons in the past but kept with the LV.

I'm Richard.

Quote Originally Posted by mongeddavid View Post
    I was in the same boat having LVs for 10 plus years and whilst having a fair few guest speakers i always returned to the LVs. I did however find that some horn designs i tried gave a very nice more live and real presentation than the LVs but usually with some trade off somewhere along the line. Impulse H2s were nice but could sound a tad ragged at times. Anyhoo long story demoed a pair of Avantgarde Horns and that was it for me. They did all the nice things the LVs did and then some especially in the Dynamics department. I am using them in a not so big room but they seem tolerant. Highly sensitive to associated equipment. They are also highly tweakable.

A definite step up from the LVs IMHO
    Cheers David. I've listened to a couple of horn based speakers & found that they can be a bit too forward in the treble for me. I've just been demoing the horns Mummy which were good in that department but the bass seemed 'one- notey' in my room and lower mids lacked drive. Maybe the Avant Gardes would prove different.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast