+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New high price for a Mk2 SKL-1210?

I'm Hugo.

Default New high price for a Mk2 SKL-1210?

A tidy Mk2 SL-1210 sold on eBay yesterday for £810, even though it was not with original box. Is this a new record price? It will be good if my similarly tidy, boxed example goes for as much when I sell it (can't justify keeping the SL-1210 as well as the new SL-1200GR).

I'm Spartacus.

Hugo, have you posted or will you be posting your thoughts on the GR vs 1210?
    Cheers, Jeff

I'm Hugo.

Quote Originally Posted by rubber duck View Post
    Hugo, have you posted or will you be posting your thoughts on the GR vs 1210?
    Probably not. I bought the GR mainly because its arm mounting design is subtly different to the old SL-1200/1210, SL-1200G and SL-1200GAE (all of which share the same mounting arrangement), and I needed an example of the GR in my hands for some new product development. When the new products are all signed off, I'll keep the GR as a demonstrator, most likely fitted with an SME 309, and the old SL-1210 Mk2 will then be free to drift off to a new home.

The way I see things, it's very good that Matsushita have the confidence to produce a new range of turntables, and to make them in Japan which should ensure quality (although the GR's tonearm is a decidedly cheap, plasticky affair). I feel that these new Technics decks will carry the torch forward and embrace new and maybe younger customers, while the existing enthusiast and DJ market for the old decks will carry on more or less as it is. The new Technics turntables can only be good for the future of vinyl, and that will reflect back on the old SL-1210 as well.

I'm Julian.

Quote Originally Posted by Ammonite Acoustics View Post
    A tidy Mk2 SL-1210 sold on eBay yesterday for £810, even though it was not with original box. Is this a new record price? It will be good if my similarly tidy, boxed example goes for as much when I sell it (can't justify keeping the SL-1210 as well as the new SL-1200GR).
    It was my 1210 that sold last night - a good result, and its going to a charming guy up in Scotland. It was a great example cosmetically, had it from new - still had that technics factory smell, if you know what I mean?

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by Ammonite Acoustics View Post
    It's a new offer ... 1 for the price of 2

I'm Julian.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeyb View Post
    It's a new offer ... 1 for the price of 2
    I think the trick is a no reserve auction - it started at £0.01p several days ago. People advertising their 1200s for £500 buy it now are getting no traction at all.

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by fletchdirect View Post
    I think the trick is a no reserve auction - it started at £0.01p several days ago. People advertising their 1200s for £500 buy it now are getting no traction at all.
    Yip that's what I do too, mind you I haven't sold anything on eBay for about 5 years add it's just not worth the hassle with all the scammers these days.

Make sure you take loads of photos and even a video of the TT playing to prove its 100% prior to posting, and photograph each stage of the packing too, it will save hassle if anything goes wrong by the time its delivered, and it also prevents buyers looking for refunds/partial refunds if you can prove the condition at time of delivery.

My motto for eBay TRUST NO ONE !

I'm Julian.

I sold a couple of cameras at the same time - bidders from china. Neither of them have paid up. What is it with these people?

+ Reply to Thread