+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Naim CD5si CD player

I'm Peter.

Default Naim CD5si CD player for sale

Bought new last year, this is in pristine condition and comes with all packaging and accessories (handset, grey cable).

https://www.naimaudio.com/product/cd5si

Current retail price is £1100, now for sale at £725 collect/meet or postage at cost.

Last edited by petrat; 25-08-2017 at 19:34. Reason: price reduction

I'm Peter.

This is the current version, purchased new from a Naim dealer a year ago (2016, serial number 409512).

Mint condition, well-built CD player, which never fails to entertain.

I'm Peter.

The CD5si replaced the previous CD5i (which itself had replaced the original CD5). Here's what Naim says about the latest model ...

The CD5si name may only differ from its CD5i predecessor by one character, but under the skin there's numerous fundamental improvements and advances - each one aimed at extracting more music and enjoyment from every CD. To begin with, the CD5si digital to analogue converter chip has been upgraded to a Burr Brown PCM1793 - a device very closely related to the one used in theNDX high-end streaming player. The CD5si also benefits from a more stable DAC clock, higher voltage power supply rails, a revised analogue filter design and a brand new CD transport and laser optics. All these changes were driven by our relentless search for engineering reliability and sound quality, and the benefit of each change was confirmed after many hours of listening.

However, just as change can bring improvement, there's often nothing wrong with sticking to your guns, so the CD5si retains all of its predecessor’s best features and Naim Audio trademarks. The unique Naim Audio swing-out CD drawer, laser tracking and digital error correction software, discrete analogue output electronics, and a die-cast, non-magnetic enclosure construction that helps ensure the electronics within can extract the most music possible from every CD.

I have been very impressed with this CD player, and am only selling because I got an unexpected opportunity to upgrade to a Naim CDX2, a CD player I had previously owned for 9 years and always regretted selling. Naim cdp's are really very good ime

Last edited by petrat; 11-07-2017 at 10:45. Reason: picture

I'm Peter.

Price reduction £725 meet/collect or postage at cost (which will be around £25 in UK)

This is a low usage, one year old, current model ... mint!
    Last edited by petrat; 26-08-2017 at 05:19. Reason: Further price reduction

I'm Peter.

Forgot to mention that Naim now fit rca sockets, so easily used with non-Naim kit.

I am happy to meet up or deliver within an hour or so drive from the M1/M6 junction, which is roughly: Nottingham (north), Cambridge (east), Luton (south), Stafford (north-west), Banbury/Oxford (south-west). I also travel regularly to the north-east, so anywhere up the M1/A1 corridor as far as Newcastle may also be possible.
    Last edited by petrat; 08-08-2017 at 16:06. Reason: Correction

I'm Peter.

Happy to demonstrate. Pristine condition, bought new last August ... low use in a second system.

I'm Peter.

Now £750 UK delivered, or £725 collect/meet. That is as low as I can go ....

I'm Peter.

Still available.
    Last edited by petrat; 07-08-2017 at 16:56.

I'm Peter.

Comes complete with all packaging and accessories.

I'm jonathan.

Good advert, GLWS

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast