+ Reply to Thread

Thread: G'day..

I'm Simon.

Default G'day..

Hi Guys,
    Looking to get back into HiFi after a number of years away - the age of my daughter 6!! I enjoy both Music and Films, so my main room has to accommodate and integrate both AV and HiFi, although in my office I have a smaller HiFi only setup. I tend to love Naim and found it hard to find others that I got on with, although on my current journey onwards and upwards I've enjoyed many others, one that notably took my eye / ear was Marantz HD-AMP1. I do now find I'm spending more tinkering with streaming than before, so enjoy Qobuz, Tidal, Bluesound and my local Server fir Hi-Res downloads. I recently also started to tinker with Roon and Mac Mini and want to have a play with a Pi or other cheaper but descent end points. I enjoy many different types of music, older stuff before my time, indie stuff from the 80's and onwards, a bit of upbeat dance/electro type stuff as well as more mainstream stuff you'd hear on the radio. I find myself going through waves of tinkering and worrying about my setup and am I getting the best number of bits and kHz etc, when I should really just be spending the time and money on just enjoying and discovering music with a nice bottle of wine....
    Cheers
    Simon

I'm Geoff.

Hello Simon. Welcome to AOS.

Have a look through the Digital Expressions section. You'll find loads on streaming there.

There's lots going on here, so feel free to get involved and chat with members.

Enjoy the forum,
    Geoff.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Simon.

Cheers Geoff, will pop along and take a peek

I'm Neil.

Welcome to AoS
    Regards Neil

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Welcome to AoS Simon.

Enjoy the Forum
    Barry
    Barry

+ Reply to Thread