Hi Guys,
Looking to get back into HiFi after a number of years away - the age of my daughter 6!! I enjoy both Music and Films, so my main room has to accommodate and integrate both AV and HiFi, although in my office I have a smaller HiFi only setup. I tend to love Naim and found it hard to find others that I got on with, although on my current journey onwards and upwards I've enjoyed many others, one that notably took my eye / ear was Marantz HD-AMP1. I do now find I'm spending more tinkering with streaming than before, so enjoy Qobuz, Tidal, Bluesound and my local Server fir Hi-Res downloads. I recently also started to tinker with Roon and Mac Mini and want to have a play with a Pi or other cheaper but descent end points. I enjoy many different types of music, older stuff before my time, indie stuff from the 80's and onwards, a bit of upbeat dance/electro type stuff as well as more mainstream stuff you'd hear on the radio. I find myself going through waves of tinkering and worrying about my setup and am I getting the best number of bits and kHz etc, when I should really just be spending the time and money on just enjoying and discovering music with a nice bottle of wine....
Cheers
Simon