Page 4 of 104 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast

Thread: The Gardening thread.....

I'm Grant.

Default The Gardening thread.....

good luck . Ive not heard of it Hope you get s mention
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Adam.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    good luck . Ive not heard of it Hope you get s mention
    Thanks Grant.

It runs every year and is open to all West Lothian residents:

https://www.westlothian.gov.uk/artic...ns-Competition
    Last edited by Adam D; 26-07-2017 at 21:02. Reason: fixed a typo

I'm Grant.

i see.. well hope you are at least enjoying the garden again. I like mine although its no longer up to show grade. probably was once though when fitter. I grew all my own and built and designed it all through the years. Great hobby
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Dave.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam D View Post
    I entered the West Lothian Council Garden competition this year.

I have entered it in the past and done quite well, but stayed away from it for a few years due to mental health problems and a lack of interest in gardening.

However, this year I decided to go for it because I was feeling better.

Anyway, this week was judging week and the judges came around this morning (I am on holiday at the moment).

They didn't stay long because it was pouring down with rain. It rained virtually all weekend as well, so I have not had much time to give it a final tidy up. Mind you, everyone is going to be in the same position with regards to the weather!
    Good luck Adam.

Let's have some pics.

I'm Geoff.

Hmm. Went outside to water some potted plants that I've moved into a corner while I do other work in the garden. Seems I stood too close and watered my feet as well, so I'm squelching about in soggy beach shoes at the moment .

Click on image.

Dog wanted in on the act too.

Click on image.

It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Hmm. Went outside to water some potted plants that I've moved into a corner while I do other work in the garden. Seems I stood too close and watered my feet as well, so I'm squelching about in soggy beach shoes at the moment .

Now that is the extent of gardening that I like!
    Barry

I'm Geoff.

Still working outside on the garage extension. Funny how modifying something is always more aggro than building from scratch.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Still working outside on the garage extension. Funny how modifying something is always more aggro than building from scratch.
    Still at it.

New timber frame for the extended back end is up. Just been detaching the existing back tin wall, which is now inside the extension. I never want to see another clout nail, I must have battled with about fifty of the damn things getting them out after thirty or more years in place. Now I can set levels for the concrete floor extension. I'll poison the soil before laying anything on top, in order to deter the ivy growing roots underneath.

I'm Geoff.

Took advantage of the dry weather to get some concrete down for the garage floor extension. Done nearly half, mixing batches by hand (literally, up to my elbows in it ) in a big tub. Seemed the easiest way. I don't want to mix on the path. Got to be careful to get levels right. Colour looks consistent, so I seem to be gtting the mix about right. Not that fussy anyway, as long as it's strong enough.

I'm jamie.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    What's all this with 'The Gardening thread.....' - and it being made a sticky to boot!

In case you haven't guessed, I loath gardening and only mow the grass because I have the neighbours to think of.
    i thought mow the grass was a Jewish informer!
    My System
    John Wood KT88 Amp.
    Paradise Phono Stage
    Sony TTS-8000 Turntable.
    PMAT-1010 MK6 Tonearm.
    Ortofon Cadenza Bronze
    Sony X555ES Cd Player
    Yamaha NS1000m Speakers

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 104 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast