+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 104 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread: The Gardening thread.....

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    I loath gardening
    So do I, but sometimes I have to do a bit. I'm planning to crazy pave a lot of the garden to reduce the flower bed sizes.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Dave.

We have a large garden - too large for a bit of light tinkering around and it's getting a bit much for me now. When we bought the house, 11 years ago, we thought the garden was nowhere as large as it is and that was because the previous owner had deliberately left it over-grown. When I started work on it - cutting back trees, bushes and brambles, the true horror became evident.

I work on it most days as it needs constant work but it's the only real exercise I get, so it's worth persevering. When it's under control and tidy, it's lovely to sit out there and ponder.

I'm Grant.

When i had my greenhouse, i was never out of it.. nice n warm too
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm sorted.

Pressure washed slabs last week (had forgotten they were different colours)

And de-weeded slabs at front (they're already growing back)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm Dave.

I love the feel and ambience of being in a warm greenhouse or shed. It's nice when it rains too.

I'm Dave.

Is it a good time to scarify the grass now ? I call it grass because it's a poor excuse for a lawn. I scarified it in the early Spring but due to the drought since, the grass has thinned out and the weeds, especially Clover and Moss have done very well. It's a right old mess.

I'm Grant.

im leaving it in, as it keeps the grass down

..and you'd be better leaving it til there is a prolonged bit of rain for a few weeks forecast..autumn is often best
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Dave.

It rained here a bit around 1230, so I thought I'd try a bit of light scarifying. It doesn't look bare, just scruffy now and will look better after a cut. It has rained quite hard twice since I did it, so it's quite green now and with less Clover.

I'm Mike.

Done quite a bit recently:
    Put up the new fruit cage.
    Weeded the Onions.
    Trained the Apricot and put up some new support wires.
    Sorted out the Polytunnel
    Made new trellis for the climbing rose.......

and no, I don't get as much time to listen to music as I'd like!
    Attached Images Attached Images

I'm Dave.

That all looks very professional and those onions outnumber mine by about 10 x

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 104 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast