+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast

Thread: The Gardening thread.....

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Roy S View Post
    I’m in Egypt for 2 weeks now so the garden can please itself!
    walking like an egyptian i take it
    Regards,
    Grant ....

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    OPPO BDP-103D DARBEE - JBE SERIES 3/B&O SP1/EMOTIVA XPS1/12V BATTERY - TWIN PRO MONOBLOCK AMPLIFIERS - XIANG SHENG DAC\PRE\HEADPHONE AMP\WE TUBED - TWIN AVANTREE OASIS CLASS 1 BLUETOOTHS - AUDIO TECHNICA ATH-MSR7 & OPPO PM-3 PLANAR HEADPHONES - WIN10 JRIVER24, SPOTIFY - SMSL M6 MINIDAC - RPI/AUDIOPHONICS/5V BATTERY - FULL RANGE TWIN TELEFUNKEN/Q ACOUSTIC BT3/CANTON SUB - P.INSPIRED MAINS REGENERATED.

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    This is the current burn pile. About half a ton! Mostly Ivy chopped off adjoining walls and fences. I may start on it this afternoon.

All gone now. So is half the hair on my forearms and I need a bath! (yes, that is smoke to the right, it's still burning)

I'm Dave.

Can't beat a good bonfire. I have a pile like that every 3 - 4 weeks and have to wait for a Northerly wind to blow the smoke across the fields, away from the neighbours.

I scarified a large part of the back lawn today, so my bonfire is looking healthy.

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by hifi_dave View Post
    I have a pile like that every 3 - 4 weeks and have to wait for a Northerly wind to blow the smoke across the fields, away from the neighbours.
    Nah. I just smoked the whole neighbourhood out. The nearest are just a bunch of scumbags, so this is a little payback!

I'm Ian.

Geoff, did you take the opportunity to grill a few sausages while you had the bonfire going?
    My stuff; Toshiba SR-370/Mission 774 /Ortofon Quintet Black, Cambridge CXC CD transport/Musical Fidelity X DAC/Musical Fidelity X10v3 tube buffer, Musical Fidelity A3, Nakamichi CA-5E pre amp, Acoustic Solutions FM/DAB tuner, Mordaunt Short Signifer, Klotz MC5000/MS audio, NVA LS5

I'm charming.

Not if I can help it Grant, the Bangles have a lot to answer for.

I'm Geoff.

A plant related question, so I suppose it counts as gardening related.

Why are there dozens of baby oak trees in a local park when there are no mature Oaks nearby? They are clustered, which suggests they were not planted intentionally.

The only thing I can think of is that acorns may have been swallowed by horses and deposited there in manure. The area has been used for exercising horses for many years, but they are stabled elsewhere in an area that does have mature Oaks. Could this be right?

I'm Grant.

more likely squirrels mate. they bury thousands and forget where many are.
    Regards,
    Grant ....

OPPO BDP-103D DARBEE - JBE SERIES 3/B&O SP1/EMOTIVA XPS1/12V BATTERY - TWIN PRO MONOBLOCK AMPLIFIERS - XIANG SHENG DAC\PRE\HEADPHONE AMP\WE TUBED - TWIN AVANTREE OASIS CLASS 1 BLUETOOTHS - AUDIO TECHNICA ATH-MSR7 & OPPO PM-3 PLANAR HEADPHONES - WIN10 JRIVER24, SPOTIFY - SMSL M6 MINIDAC - RPI/AUDIOPHONICS/5V BATTERY - FULL RANGE TWIN TELEFUNKEN/Q ACOUSTIC BT3/CANTON SUB - P.INSPIRED MAINS REGENERATED.

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    more likely squirrels mate. they bury thousands and forget where many are.
    I did consider that, but the nearest large Oaks are nearly a quarter of a mile away.

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    I did consider that, but the nearest large Oaks are nearly a quarter of a mile away.
    jays maybe.. they eat them. might be the ones they drop?
    Regards,
    Grant ....

+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast