+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: The Gardening thread.....

I'm Dave.

Anyone know what you're supposed to do with Christmas roses this time of year ? I mean the low growing shrub thingie and not Roses.

Do you cut down the leaves or keep them ?

I'm Grant.

dunno Dave. Normal roses you would cut back to 2 buds. Rosa regosa which is a bushy shrub that gets big if you let it and gives you hips you can cut back when the hips are gone after first frosts.. they are tough as old boots
    Regards,
    Grant ....

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    DENON DV2900 - TWIN PRO MONOBLOCK AMPLIFIERS - XIANG SHENG DAC\PRE\HEADPHONE AMP - AVANTREE OASIS CLASS 1 BLUETOOTH - AUDIO TECHNICA ATH-MSR7 & OPPO PM-3 PLANAR HEADPHONES - WIN10 JRIVER23, DEEZER HiFi - ECHO DOT - SMSL M6 MINIDAC - FULL RANGE TWIN TELEFUNKEN's - Q ACOUSTIC BT3 actives - CANTON SUB - MAINS REGENERATED AND FILTERED.

I'm Barry.

I've got a big lawn so I've got a lot of cuttings , finally after 9 years I cannot get anymore in the compost area , the last week or so I've been forking it out into a barrow and using as weed suppressor . The dense , compactness of each fork load means its tough going so I do five barrow loads a day , nearly there . Here's to the next 9 years of mowing

I'm Grant.

i always let my grass go brown before composting it and added old compost to it in layers. green grass doesnt compost so well. once lawn is right height its just as good, nay better to let it lie on grass and cut it just a little a lot. it then self fertilises the lawn
    Regards,
    Grant ....

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    DENON DV2900 - TWIN PRO MONOBLOCK AMPLIFIERS - XIANG SHENG DAC\PRE\HEADPHONE AMP - AVANTREE OASIS CLASS 1 BLUETOOTH - AUDIO TECHNICA ATH-MSR7 & OPPO PM-3 PLANAR HEADPHONES - WIN10 JRIVER23, DEEZER HiFi - ECHO DOT - SMSL M6 MINIDAC - FULL RANGE TWIN TELEFUNKEN's - Q ACOUSTIC BT3 actives - CANTON SUB - MAINS REGENERATED AND FILTERED.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112